Newbie with alot to lose

Options
Hi I wanted to introduce myself! I am starting out on my journey of healthier living, healthier me, and my healthier family. I know why start in December? I am going to try and to get going early... I plan on having a few cheat days (christmas, new years eve). I need alot of support. I am also a diabetic, hight blood pressure, high cholesterol. I need to do this for myself. I have lost some by myself but really need the support and help of others.

I am looking for friends to help me along the way..

Replies

• newmommy4172011
    newmommy4172011 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can add me.
  • afatwomanonamission
    Options
    Support makes everything easier! I'm looking at ultimately losing a very similar amount to you, and am happy to be here to help if I can in any way. :) Some days it's easier than others, I won't lie, but with a little help it's a lot easier. Friend me if you'd like :)
  • jaja76
    jaja76 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can add me
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    this site is great, with this, for the first time i'm not depressed with dieting and and developed this healthy way of thinking before eating and limiting portions but not denying myself little occasional treats. i hope you too will find this journey fruitful.welcome on board.
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you decide to start - it's that first step and commitment that you make to yourself that counts. There's never a "good" time to do anything, I think, and so you just have to grab life by the ears and say "this is it - it's time". Would like to be your friend and I'm happy to support anyone who is trying to help themselves. Donna
  • lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am here for the long haul. One word of advice! Don't call them cheat days. I used to use that term and someone else pointed out to me that "cheat" implies that you are doing something bad or negative. It's not bad to have a day where you chose to eat what you want. I now call them free days!

Good luck on your journey!
    Barb
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • skrullerull
    skrullerull Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as friend =) Support is always great!
  • psv1012
    psv1012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi you can friend me :) I am also a diabetic and a mulitude of other health concerns, all are under control since I started my journey 16 weeks ago. I am also part of the Diebetic group on MFP. It is a group of people who are experiencing much of what you are. Please join the group .