BIG NSV for me! :-)

Options
My friend had posted this week on facebook that she needed another girl to participate in a kickball tournament, strictly recreational; 10 person team, 5 guys & 5 girls but one couldn't make it & backed out. I thought about it and was like hey, I do martial arts & kick boxing, surely I could kick a ball! So I joined the team. :drinker:

The tournament is next Saturday so we decided to practice this morning. For the first time ever, I didn't feel like the awkward fat girl. I'm probably the only one there that actually works out regularly. I mean the other 4 girls were trim but that doesn't mean they exercise (doesn't mean they don't either, just sayin'). Previously I'd be panting, out of breath and about to keel over and die if I tried to or even thought of running bases or anything of the sort. But I'm like, what the heck! I'm way more athletic now than I ever, EVER was before. And I felt great during the practice. It'll be fun next weekend. Never before would I have thought I'd participate in any group sport but I did it!

We practiced for a couple hours, had some snacks and left. I felt so good, I went home, grabbed my earphones and walked 4 miles. I just had so much energy I didn't know what to do with myself. What a difference in a person. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! Congratulations on your success!

I'm not at a place yet where I am completely comfortable doing anything physical in front of others. The closest I've come was a self defense class and a tai chi class but I felt REALLY self conscious during both because I knew so many people there. For now I'll keep working out alone and when I'm a little more comfortable in my own skin, I'll be out there too.
  • Sweetfi
    Sweetfi Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV! Losing the weight is one thing. Living the new life is another. Good for you!
  • Joloco4444
    Joloco4444 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What does NSV mean????
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    OMG, that's AMAZING, you guys are going to kick @$$ and take names! :flowerforyou:
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    What does NSV mean????

Non Scale Victory!

And WOOHOO Barb!! That is awesome!
  • Sweetfi
    Sweetfi Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    What does NSV mean????

Non Scale Victory. They are sweet :)
  • KristenF101
    Options
    What an amazing NSV!! Isn't it wonderful to FEEL your hard work pay off!
  • Joloco4444
    Joloco4444 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for explaining everyone !!!!!!
  • samanthawarren
    Options
    That is truly awesome. Being able to be active is just as great if not a better goal than losing the weight.
  • SmileeBarbFLA
    Options
    Thanks everyone, it felt GREAT for sure :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!