Scale

Options
I haven't weigh myself for the last three weeks cause I've been on my plateau for almost three months now. I had to go pick up my waist band from the gym locker and when I was walking out I noticed the scale. (Btw I don't own a scale). I was curious to see what my weight was..I was fully dressed, with boots on, and I had my motoblur phone with me. The scale read 125.6lbs. Last time I weigh myself fully naked I was 122.4. Does anyone know many lbs difference with clothes +boots on and w/o clothes?

Replies

• epond
    epond Posts: 30
    Options
    Someone once told me that clothes can usually add between 3-5 lbs. Especially jeans. Might be best to strip down and weigh yourself. Make sure to weigh at a consistent time too - I usually try to weigh in the morning because once you're up and on the move and get food into your stomach I find everything starts changing.

Goodluck!! :flowerforyou:
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I've heard 2-4 pounds.. with boots probably 4! Good job!
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    Probably the clothing accounted for some of it, espec the shoes! My husband always weighs about 4 pounds heavier from no clothing on our scare to full clothing and shoes at docs scale. don't fret to much on this, could also be the time you weighted, water, food that day. Lots of things affect weigh-ins. Just keep at it, it will come off eventually!!! good luck!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    depending on how many layers and the types of boots anywhere from 2-6 pounds.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Perhaps weigh the clothes + boots separately?
    Also your weight WILL fluctuate throughout the day based on food/liquids consumed and other factors. My general rule is to weigh myself first thing in the am, after going to the bathroom, with just my underwear on. I always go by my scale for consistency.

If you're on a plateau for 3 months, what have you tried different? Increased/decreased your calories? Increased/decreased your activity, or tried new routines? Getting enough rest?
  • eliseswietek
    Options
    Gotta weigh yourself naked and on an empty stomach (in the morning!)
  • vacationnut
    vacationnut Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm going to guess 3-5 lbs. It will depend on the kind of boots you had on and the bulkyness of the clothing. Jeans weigh more than dress pants. Don't know if this helps or not.
  • sslopez24
    sslopez24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! clothes, boots etc.. can make you weigh more depending on how heavy they are. I know some clothes and boots can weigh a pound or two. you should always weigh yourself at the same time and morning is the best time. your weight will fluctuate through out the day as you eat and drink. I just had an eye opener the other day when watching Dr. Oz on T.V. someone asked why they weigh more after having worked out for 3 wks. Dr Oz said it's because your muscles are not used to working out and swell up and tend to add weight. But give it some time and you will be back to normal. That was good to hear! Good Luck!!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Totally off topic - which motoblur phone do you have? Is it the Cliq?

Oh and yes the scale adds about 2-3 lbs for me with clothes and shoes on.
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Totally off topic - which motoblur phone do you have? Is it the Cliq?

Oh and yes the scale adds about 2-3 lbs for me with clothes and shoes on.
    Yes the cliq.
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Perhaps weigh the clothes + boots separately?
    Also your weight WILL fluctuate throughout the day based on food/liquids consumed and other factors. My general rule is to weigh myself first thing in the am, after going to the bathroom, with just my underwear on. I always go by my scale for consistency.

If you're on a plateau for 3 months, what have you tried different? Increased/decreased your calories? Increased/decreased your activity, or tried new routines? Getting enough rest?
    Thanks. I was in a hurry to strip down naked b/c I was still working. Yes, changed my activity now.