FITBIT ONE

Options
I'm looking to get a new Pedometer and i'm thinking about getting the Fitbit One.

If anyone has it already can you please let me know how you like it?

i'm one for reading reviews and the reviews that i've been reading are half and half so i'm on the fence right now...

Please help!! :sad: :flowerforyou: :smile:

Replies

• skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I got one a few days ago. So far I like it. It even tells me every time I woke up during the night. You only log on MFP and it links to Fitbit. If MFP estimate on exercise is over or under, Fitbit will do an adjustment on MFP. Hope that helps.:smile:
  • aimeelynnn
    aimeelynnn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just bought one I will let u know when I use it!
  • purplekty
    purplekty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @ Skinneyme47........That helps alot......what people have been complaining about is that when their traveling in car, bus etc etc the time it takes them to get to their destination has been logged on the Fitbit One as steps taken. But if your saying once I link it to MFP and it will make adjustments, then that will work for me!!!

Thanks!!! :happy: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    i have a fitbit ultra and I.m addicted to it! absolutely LOVE it! so motivating....as far as car etc... you can set the time and log driving/riding time on fitbit and it will delete those steps and hills too! best toy I have purchased
  • purplekty
    Options
    @aimeelynnn...Please do...:bigsmile:

Thank you
  • weightnomore33
    weightnomore33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I agree! Love my fit bit ultra. Love to check to see what I've done/what I need to do; steps, stairs etc. Website is user friendly and yes it will talk to your MFP account to help you keep track of calories. Get one. But check on ebay first.
  • NiTiKi
    Options
    I just got one yesterday after looking into weeks before it came out in mid Nov.. I didn't get my head into the mindset I needed till after Thanksgiving so I rewarded myself with one after realizing I'm ready now.. I did quite a bit of research on it and I've had been using MFP on/off (more off) for a while..

The driving.. I just about died when I got in the car yesterday and thought about what astronomical # it would give my steps/distance.. but then remembered that there is a stride length and the ride wouldn't make a difference.. there is a default stride length but you can change it in the settings online if you measure yours

Honest truth is that the fitbit keeps me more aware of my activity and believe it or not I am more conscious of what I'm putting into my mouth because of it (I have 3 young kids so picking was always a problem for me.. I kept telling myself a little bit of this isn't gonna hurt)..

I'm still finding my way around the dashboard.. so I really can't give you too much info on that.. I'm taking advantage of the free account right now.. once I figure this whole thing out online(charts and stuff) and hit a goal I plan on upgrading to the paid that has more features..

I don't use it to track what I eat, I use MFP.. and the only thing I HATE is that the more activity you do you "earn" more calories in MFP (it automatically adjusts in MFP).. the only way to stop this that I have found is to unlink the 2.. I only found that out last night and am not too happy about it.. but until I figure out if there are any benefits of the 2 being linked

the sleep timer.. that didn't even come close to waking me this am.. and I'm a very light sleeper.. I was very conscious of it on my wrist during the night.. during the day I have it clipped to my bra and so far I don't notice a difference of it being there
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I don't use it to track what I eat, I use MFP.. and the only thing I HATE is that the more activity you do you "earn" more calories in MFP (it automatically adjusts in MFP).. the only way to stop this that I have found is to unlink the 2.. I only found that out last night and am not too happy about it.. but until I figure out if there are any benefits of the 2 being linked

MFP works by expecting you to eat back their exercise/ activity calories which is why it adds them on. Some people just eat half back though.
  • steelmaggie228
    steelmaggie228 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like mine a lot so far
  • purplekty
    Options
    HI,

***UPDATE*****

Thanks everyone for the feedback!!!

I purchased the Fitbit One and i'm loving it!!! I'm not using the sleep mode right now but other than that I love it.......

Favorite thing is the link between MFP sooooo convenient!! I don't have to swith between two different sites!!

Thank you again for all your feed back!!! :heart: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • MelissaOnPurpose
    MelissaOnPurpose Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hubby just bought it for me. I'm playing around with it right now but will wear it starting tomorrow. I'm excited. I know it will make me more aware of how little activity I get in a day but that is the first step, right? :) I can't figure out how to link it to MFP. Please help. Thanks! :)
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    go to the groups tab and find fitbit. theres a whole section
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    go to the groups tab and find fitbit. theres a whole section

Yes, good call. I have an Ultra now for 4 months and love it. Easy to use and a bit stealth with no arm band, chest band, watch, etc. needed. Accurate. I got mine at Amazon for a great price, free shipping...less than the MFP "discount". I prefer Amazon for our business over eBay...very reliable and easy return policy. Price is normally the same or less.

Good luck to you!

Edit: I don't track my food on Fitbit's site at all, just my activities. Also, I don't try to eat back my calories as I am on a food plan designed by my physician and nutritionalist. The algorithms used by MFP and Fitbit are generalized and do not take other issues that a person might face such as mobility, blood sugar, etc. However, the interface works well for many. Just experiment and find what works for you.