Report patterns

I've got enough weeks in now to begin to see a pattern in my Progress: Weight report. I weigh almost every day so there are several data points to a week. Thursdays are consistantly my highest weight days. Even during one week where I gained overall it was the same.

I generally meet my calorie targets no matter the day of the week.

I was just curious if anyone else sees patterns like this.

Replies

• Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    I've got enough weeks in now to begin to see a pattern in my Progress: Weight report. I weigh almost every day so there are several data points to a week. Thursdays are consistantly my highest weight days. Even during one week where I gained overall it was the same.

I generally meet my calorie targets no matter the day of the week.

I was just curious if anyone else sees patterns like this.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Although I don't record my weight in the diary that much, I notice that I usually weigh more on Mondays and the least on Fridays. I figured it was the weekend (when I eat out), causing the trouble. Do you have one day that's low as well? It could be a hormonal cyclical thing, yes, even for a male.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member

razbo: Do you have a M-F daytime job? I was thinking maybe part of weight retention could be related to stress. Or, are you still drinking the same amount of water daily? Saltier foods? Interesting topic! I haven't noticed that trend in my tracking.

~cmriverside
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    I have noticed in the past that there are certain days of the week when I eat heavier meats and then I weigh more the days following. So, if you typically eat heavier on Wednesdays (like beef or pork) that could be part of it. But, I really do believe that you should look at your total loss (or gain) for the week. So, take you weights for all the days and figure what the net loss (again, or gain) is.

*kistinbee*
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    razbo: Do you have a M-F daytime job? I was thinking maybe part of weight retention could be related to stress. Or, are you still drinking the same amount of water daily? Saltier foods? Interesting topic! I haven't noticed that trend in my tracking.

~cmriverside

M-F Daytime. I work remotely, so less stress than I might have otherwise. :laugh: To be honest I don't track my water because I drink a lot of it naturally, but I know it fluctuates, as does my salt intake. Sodium is the thing I am having the most trouble controlling, so it might be that.

I'm systematically eliminating (trying to) the salty stuff as I discover it is part of my diet.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    razbo,

Have you tried Mrs. Dash or Mrs. Dash >>HOT<<? I've found if I spice things up I'm able to cut back on my salt. Or any spice mix that doesn't have salt in it would work. Hotter (spicier) makes the food more thermogenic, too.

cm