Picking at food...

Options
Has any one got any ideas to how i stop picking at food in the evening, i've tried smoking, chewing on gum, drinking loads of water, but eventually my guard is down and i'm helping myself to the junk cupboard. but during the day i eat well??

Replies

• borntorun
    Options
    Chew on ice chips...it still allows for the chewing motion, but no food or calorie intake.

You could take up knitting..I heard as long as your hands keep moving it helps.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Why do you have a junk cupboard in the first place? Get rid of it!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Why do you have a junk cupboard in the first place? Get rid of it!
    dido
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    DON'T SMOKE!

try walking or taking a bubble bath.
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Get rid of the junk cupboard:)
  • ♥dawnwestbury♥
    Options
    how about make your "junk" cupboard into not a junk cupboard...stock it with healthier things (baked chips/100cal packs of cookies or what ever you like) things like that...that way you are still getting your "junk" fix you just arent going off track much.

its hard to stop when its habit!! i know!! its like going to a movie....you just get popcorn because that what you have always done! you can really still have your food you love just in a better way. and if you are wanting to just stop eating at night all together commit to stopping 1/2 before you usually do, dont try to stop hours before, just go slow and it will happen!!
  • panther87
    panther87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    brush your teeth, I hear this works. It doesnt for me but it may work for you. Keep carrot stix and celery stix available, hold back some calories to use with them to dunk them in ranch dip or peanut butter. And GET RID OGF THE JUNK!
  • jdramage
    jdramage Posts: 37
    Options
    What are you eating for dinner? Try to include protein and fiber which will help fill you up. I also allow myself something small and sweet after dinner and a cup of herbal tea. It's my way of concluding the day and telling myself that that's it!
  • hmwth
    hmwth Posts: 25
    Options
    I eat a balanced dinner at 530. Cookies and tea at 730 and yogurt and fruit at 930. I keeps me going all evening, keeps me from eating junk and makes me happy that I can have one one snack before bed
  • Kelly11
    Kelly11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I paint my nails and do the "works." Buffing, filing, moisturizing, etc. Then, my nails look nice, and I don't want to touch anything while they are drying :) And, it usually keeps me from eating because I'm bored :D
  • jemimawarth
    Options
    Hi All, thank you for all your comments i will def give them all a go. Keep up the good work guys! x