Scale Phobia!

sheri3762
sheri3762 Posts: 159
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
the last few times i've gotten on the scale I seriously think I'm going to have a panic attack! I have never gained, but I've had a few weigh-ins where i've never lost even an ounce! Now, I just cannot seem to make myself do it! Its been 2 weeks now and I really want to just get rid of the scale. I really do want to weigh at least every two weeks, but why am I acting like this? In the first couple months I never had this problem now all of a sudden I look at that scale like its my worst enemy!!! Has anyone else felt this way and how did you get past it? thanks!!

Replies

• mamacassi
    mamacassi Posts: 131
    I am just throwing mine in a box for 2 weeks. It's giving me issues.
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Before I get on, I talk to my scale...I pull a Homer Simpson...

"Alright scale, I dont like you, and you dont like me, but Ive been good this week...so show me a loss!"
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    LOL! Simona, your post actually made me giggle out loud!!! Funny!!
  • demki925
    demki925 Posts: 1
    I have the same issues with the scale. What I have tried to do is find a pair of pants, a dress, skirt or something that doesn't fit anymore. I use that I my gauge to whether or not I am maining, gaining or losing weight. Periodically I will put that item of clothing on and work towards fitting into it again. The scale can be very discouraging for me as I tend to weigh a lot more than I look (muscle weighs more than fat). I still weigh myself about once a month just to keep track. Good Luck!
  • melville88
    melville88 Posts: 137
    Yeah I always go through that whenever I know I've been 'bad' with food; i.e. after christmas etc; but seriously, just try and stick to weighing yourself every two weeks if you can, because you might make progress and not realise. Also if you have gained a pound, it might make you want to try harder? Or, if you know there have been a few days in the 2 weeks and you won't have lost weight, don't weigh yourself and wait another 2 weeks but try really hard in those 2 weeks, don't break it etc and then weigh yourself. You might find as well that if you're weighing yourself at different times in the day then it is affecting your scale reading, so you might have lost more weight but just had more to eat that day than 2 weeks ago. xxx
This discussion has been closed.