I lost my way.

Options
I quit my job and was jogging and taking atleast 20 mins a day to do so. I was also doing jillians 30 day shred, pushups, sit ups, crunches, squats, and lost 7 lbs (which added up to 30 because of the lbs i lost prior to) then i started my new job. i've been taking salads yogurts granola ect. but when i get home i eat whatever my mom makes. My boyfriend and his friend drink like nothing but pop (soda cola?) and eat things like pizza mcdonalds things like that. i'm right now so scared to even step on a scale because if you look at my profile you'll notice i haven't done a THING.

I need advice and motivation.

What are some good indoor activities i can cardio and muscle train with?

might i add that my eliptical is on my back porch which i live in PA it's like 40-30 degrees outside.
not a big fan of cold whether. & don't really have weights.

Replies

• sullby
    sullby Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i need some articles someone to follow to get me motivated back on track.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are under the assumption that your exercise is what you need to change up, but weight loss is really nearly ALL about food. You don't have to kill yourself exercising, but you DO have to stay in your calorie limits.
  • embracingmycurves
    embracingmycurves Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are under the assumption that your exercise is what you need to change up, but weight loss is really nearly ALL about food. You don't have to kill yourself exercising, but you DO have to stay in your calorie limits.
    I agree 100 percent with this!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    True. Weight loss is all about the food. You can't out-exercise a bad diet.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you may not only have lost motivation but also some confidence. So be confident in yourself. Realize that you have control over everything that you put into your mouth. Do not worry about the scale because it is what it is. More importantly focus on tracking what you eat in MFP. Do not initially worry if you are consuming more calories than you should just be honest. Once you see where this consumption is at you will know how much change you need to do. You may be surprised you may only be a 100 calories or so over and this you could easily fix. If it is a lot then you will know that too and you can take action. So be confident, you can do it!!!
  • kc9agz
    kc9agz Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    True. Weight loss is all about the food. You can't out-exercise a bad diet.

I have to agree with the as well. Exercise is good - it keeps the metabolism up, but the bad food can blow every good from exercise.
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I agree with what the others have said. Having said that, go check out nerdfitness.com. They have a lot of workouts that just use your body weight. Hang in there! You can do this!!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You say you were doing 30 Day Shred. Do it again. Or one of her other videos. Or just about any video. If you watch TV then do squats, pushups, crunches, jump rope, etc during commercial breaks.
    Go ahead and eat whatever your mom makes for dinner, just watch your portions.
    Just about anything you can do that will result in few calories in and more calories out will make a difference.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm also wondering about your having a mother and boyfriend who clearing aren't supporting you. Have you talked to them about what they can do to help?