Reward System

Options
For those of you that have been successful during your weight loss adventure, did you use a reward system? I was on weight watchers before and they had stickers which seemed to work really well for me.
I have heard that you should treat yourself to something non-food related every goal that you reach. What did you do? Thanks!

Replies

• Pandabug93
    Pandabug93 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    What works for a lot of people are cheat days. Maybe once a month or once every two weeks where you just eat whatever you want. Personally I find when I go workout with a friend and have people who are watching me closely and keeping me accountable, I'm more likely to stick to my plan strictly. I don't want to dissapoint them, and then as soon as I see those numbers going down, I get super motivated and want to keep watching the pounds melt off.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,051 Member
    Options
    I had a big goal at the end of my weight loss . . .it kept me on task. There was a bathing suit and hot weather involved. I spent a lot of money for this planned trip. Kept me going for the almost eight months it took to lose 55 pounds.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    i give myself, lipstick ,or other items of make-up and accessory,but no smaller clothes or no food related thing...
  • mindilina
    mindilina Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I do a little reward for every 5lbs I lose. Something I wouldn't normally buy for myself. I also have 2 little glass vases. 1 is filled with little gems like you would put in an aqaurium. 1 gem for every pound that I want to lose. As I lose weight I transfer the gems over to the other vase to show my progress. It's pretty also!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    No, no reward system. I feel that the weight loss is reward enough.

I don't usually stop myself from buying things that are weight loss related though, like a new HRM, pants that actually fit, new work out shirts, etc. I definitely don't set rewards though.. reminds me too much of something we would do for a dog. I'd feel ridiculous for rewarding myself for getting out of a situation that I put myself into in the first place.
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've decided to reward myself with something I REALLY want but would never usually spend the money on, every 10lbs. I don't know if I'll actually reward myself though. I'm about 2lbs away from meeting my first 10lbs, and I still don't feel like spending the money on shoes I really want.
  • MrsAnderson_GettingHealthy
    Options
    My fiance thought that it would be a good idea to reward myself with a new article of clothing every time that I hit a percentage mark... I thought that was a good idea! :)
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I've been rewarding myself with workout clothes, running shoes, an HRM. Stuff like that. I don't understand cheat days. For some that might work but for me it would derail my efforts. I don't limit what I can eat only how much. If I really want something I work it in.
  • sugarbomb83
    sugarbomb83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Last summer I decided it was time to lose the 15-20 pounds I had gained over the past few years. I was wasting money every month on a gym membership because my work hours are too long and most days I get home after the gym closes. I bought myself a treadmill so that I had no excuses in regards to exercise. I did give myself a "reward" for being so consistent with my exercise a couple months in to my weightloss journey and bought myself a HRM (Polar FT40). I also bought some new workout clothes and plan to buy myself new running shoes!
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    No, no reward system. I feel that the weight loss is reward enough.
    ^this plus find things that are healthy that are a mini reward like apples are delicious and protein bars are like candy if you find the right ones
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!