Anyone here who lives or has lived in a haunted house?

Options
I've lately been noticing strange things happening around my house. Anyone want to share their stories?

Replies

• Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Theres a thread on the next page called ghosts/spirits/unexplained happenings. Basically the same thing, and its pretty active :)
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I lived in Hawaii for four years.....apparently there are all kinds of haunted areas there, however I was always skeptical until I witnessed it myself.

I was home alone with my 4 year old son. I had sent him to bed about an hour earlier and kept hearing running back and forth in the upstairs hallway. I yelled "you'd better get your little butt in bed before I get you" and I heard giggling. It sounded like 2 kids and then more running. It just didn't sound like him, so I went to check. He was sound asleep in his bed, just as he had been for the last hour. I was so freaked out I just stood there. I checked his closet, convinced someone was in the house. My ex-husband came home about 10 minutes later and I heard the garage door open. I yelled for him to come up. He said my face was pale...I explained what happened and he said he had heard the footsteps in the garage when he got out of the car as well (the hall is above the garage). He checked all over the house, but there was nobody. After that "incident", it happened 4 other times to me. I would hear running and giggles....that's all that would happen. I did my best to ignore it.
  • Lovely_Skeleton
    Options
    Wow that's creepy. I lived in Hawaii for a few months next to a burial mound
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    One night I was sleeping downstairs and Ive always had problems sleeping, it could take me hours of laying in the dark before I fall asleep. So I had been trying to sleep for quite a while and I heard the upstairs computer turn on so I was like Well someone is up upstairs and I cant sleep, guess Ill go talk for a bit then try again. I go to walk up the stairs and I can hear typing on the keyboard, I turn the corner to the few more stairs and still hear the typing, then the second I get all the way up the stairs to the room where the computer was visible it stopped and I looked and no one was there. The start up programs were still popping up and loading cuz it hadnt even fully started up yet. I was freaked out, but intrigued I guess, so I just sat down in the room for a while, in the dark, besides the light coming from the computer, and waiting to see if anything else would happen.
  • Echo_Dan
    Echo_Dan Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Yep, we had a less than pleasant visitor who could be felt when we went to bed. He would stand by the door when the lights were on, and would move to the end of the bed when the light went off. There was nothing visible but we could feel and mentally "see" him. We tried politely asking him to leave and we were laughed at. We left the light on for 2 nights until we'd had enough. I performed an exorcism by mentally pushing the spirit out of the house and "locking" the house against any spirit. First problem solved.....

He wasn't gone though. He was hovering outside the front door and every time I went out side for a cigarette (I smoked back then) I could feel this boiling ball of anger and frustration seeming to scream in my ear. I put up with it for 3 nights until I was sick of it and told the spirit that he was never getting back in and he might as well just piss off. Fourth night he was gone, never to return.

Pushing a spirit is mentally and physically draining but you can do it. Just imagine a bubble of energy building in your body and gradually pushing outwards and pushing out any spirit it comes in to contact with. When you reach the edges of the building (walls, doors, windows, roof, floor) mentally lock the shields in place.
  • butterflyqueen1984
    butterflyqueen1984 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have had loads of experience too many to list! I am a medium so see a lot of things happening and very open.
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    OR

Anyone here under 12 year old or with similar reasoning capacities?
  • DaphneAtx
    Options
    I grew up in a house that used to be a funeral home and we had weird things going on all the time. Too many to type here. I was really glad when we moved.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Boo!
  • smousley
    Options
    Crazy story...

The house my parents live in was actually the scene of a murder over 30 years ago. A couple had filed for divorce and the man murdered his wife in the house. I haven't personally witnessed anything strange in the house, but others have.

The story had been an unsolved case in the local police department until about 10 years ago. A new police chief decided to re-open the case, so we had police and blood-sniffing dogs in and out of the house. They actual went into the crawl space in the basement, took out all the dirt and sifted through it, searching for the woman's remains. (they didn't find them there)

The case was eventually solved, and the man was sent to prison. The tv show 48 Hours actually made an episode from this story, and paid my parents to be able to use footage of their house.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4530892n

Kinda creepy, right?
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Well, I did stay in a haunted dorm my first two years of college. The ghost of Mary, apparently she killed herself during finals week there. It was a popular urban legend on campus. I don't know how true it actually is though, even though she did like to mess with the heater. :P
  • GoatBoat66
    Options
    OR

lmao
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    OR

lmao

I don't get it??
  • ED4life
    Options
    yeah i've lived in a few haunted houses but the most creepy one for me was our last one where you would hear your name being called with no one in the house or just a presents standing there watching you it was really creepy the most in the bathroom trying to have a bath with that no thanks.

There was this one incident where i was talking to my friend outside my front door and just before i was about to knock i heard lots of different voices whispering and when i actually knocked on the door they stopped then i shouted through the letter box to see if anyone was in to open the door. i was later told no one was in that day around the time i knocked.
    Still don't what think about what happened that day... :/