NSV - I ran a 10k!

Options
berlynn_j
berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
So as I meet goals along my running journey I like to create posts to share, to motivate, to receive motivation, and just to feel great about my accomplishments. I started running towards the end of June this year. And I use the term loosely as I started out jogging only 2 minutes. The couch to 5k program was awesome. Without that structure I would have never made it and even with it I often came close to giving up. But I persevered and I am a much better person now because of it. I feel like a whole new person.

So today, at the Busch Gardens Christmas Town Dash, I ran an 8k for the first time. (Previous race was a 5k, time 32:34). I was hoping to make it an hour (BG is hilly though we didn't have to run on some of the evil ones) and I am used to running on flat land. I finish in 54:12 which I was amazed with. I am very proud of myself and I truly believe in the runner's high. I've been on one all day.

Thanks for all your support. That has kept me going as well and turned me into a runner. It took a while to believe, but yes, I am a runner :).

Replies

• berlynn_j
    Options
    Show me some love MFP peeps!!! :)
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    That is so AWESOME!!

I started couch to 5k about the same time you did.... not doing my first 10k until April though.

WAY TO GO!
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    great job on your run today
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Great job! :flowerforyou:

I hope to start C25K this week, ordered some running shoes especially for it :smile:
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!!! What a super NSV, good for you!!!
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    great stuff! i remember my first 10k. it was an amazing feeling to hit the goal.

hope youre proud of yourself!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    That's great to see! Congratulations on your perseverance.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    So as I meet goals along my running journey I like to create posts to share, to motivate, to receive motivation, and just to feel great about my accomplishments. I started running towards the end of June this year. And I use the term loosely as I started out jogging only 2 minutes. The couch to 5k program was awesome. Without that structure I would have never made it and even with it I often came close to giving up. But I persevered and I am a much better person now because of it. I feel like a whole new person.

So today, at the Busch Gardens Christmas Town Dash, I ran an 8k for the first time. (Previous race was a 5k, time 32:34). I was hoping to make it an hour (BG is hilly though we didn't have to run on some of the evil ones) and I am used to running on flat land. I finish in 54:12 which I was amazed with. I am very proud of myself and I truly believe in the runner's high. I've been on one all day.

Thanks for all your support. That has kept me going as well and turned me into a runner. It took a while to believe, but yes, I am a runner :).

wow!! fantastic times and huge congratulations on a huge achievement!
  • VinaAnderson
    Options
    Awesome job! High Five!!! ! I applaud you for making a goal and sticking to it!
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you, honey, and pleased to be one of your pals. Way to go!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • mrso97
    mrso97 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!!! started c210k a month ago....i am going to run a 10k in march!! nice to see that it works!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • snarkymom72
    snarkymom72 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job! You must b so proud!!!! Go YOU!
  • jenbehe
    jenbehe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    AMAZING JOB!!!!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME! I do 5K mud runs and have been eying a 10K. You really are an inspiration. Keep it up! Hopefully soon I will post my own 10K NSV!
  • berlynn_j
    Options
    Sorry guys, need to make a correction. I ran an 8k. I had 10k on the brain because I am planning one soon to up my mileage aaannnd I jumped the gun a little and wrote 10k. Sorry to be misleading! Thanks for all your support! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!