maintaining weight

Options
I'm near to the point where I will want to start maintaining my weight,
does anyone know what the best online calculators or methods to find out the amount of calories needed to maintain your weight?

Thankyou,
ashlee

Replies

• vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    http://www.exrx.net/Calculators.html

You're probably going to want to look at the diet and nutrition calculators
  • babybs
    babybs Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashlee,

I use Webmd. They actually have a program like My Fitness Pal but I just use the calculators and not the food diaries and such. Try this link and I think you'll be able to navigate where you want to go from there.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/food-fitness-planner/
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    It took me about six months to figure out how many calories I need per day/week to maintain. It was hard at first once I hit my goal to increase my calories, since it took me a year to get the weight off. I was in a mind-set, and adding back calories was kind of hard - I felt like I was going off plan.

I did add them in slowly, and ultimately ended up dropping about 10 lbs past my initial goal weight.

I now maintain on about 1900 to 2000 during the week, and about 2600 on Friday and Saturday.

Very livable, but I do plan to continue to track my intake for the rest of my life.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    its all about finding a balance it takes some time but once you get it its easy :)
  • woodsy0912
    Options

I did add them in slowly, and ultimately ended up dropping about 10 lbs past my initial goal weight.

I now maintain on about 1900 to 2000 during the week, and about 2600 on Friday and Saturday.

Very livable, but I do plan to continue to track my intake for the rest of my life.

This is what I hope my plan will be when I reach my goal. Slowly raise my calories (maybe 50 a day each week) until I am around 2000. I'm thinking this might be a good maintenance calorie goal for my goal weight based off a few calculators.

I will still track everything but probably not log exercise anymore.

I hope to lose a few more pounds when I am building up to maintenance levels too!
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    It took me about six months to figure out how many calories I need per day/week to maintain. It was hard at first once I hit my goal to increase my calories, since it took me a year to get the weight off. I was in a mind-set, and adding back calories was kind of hard - I felt like I was going off plan.

This. Might want to try a couple of calculators. I like this site: http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/
    Has several calculators and then pages to plan. Like Roadster, it has taken me a few months to actually figure out maintenance. I refigure things monthly to see my progress and try different methods. I increased by about 100 calories at first, then added 200. I'm maintaining now at around 2200 per day.