My brother went from 260 to 230lbs in 3 months!

I'm posting this from my iphone & Photobucket gave me some trouble, but I hope the photo works!

My brother is 21 years old, 5'11" and lost 30lbs by trading in juice for water! He used to drink tons of juice until we found out he had acid reflux. We got him to drink water instead and the pounds slipped right off! He was drinking about 1,249 calories worth of juice a DAY!

photo.jpg

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    *boggle* That's an amazing difference, just from juice to water! I don't drink juice, but have given up soda. This is fantastic inspiration to continue making the right beverage choice.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Thats amazing, just by cutting out juice! People think that juice is good for you because its made out of "fruit" :laugh:
    Well done.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Juice can be so much sugar, calories & carbs! The only thing you should be drinking 5+ glasses a day of is WATER. My brother is also autistic and does not workout so his weight loss of 2.5lbs a week for 3 months was completely from this small beverage switch! 1,249 calories is enough for a 5'0" small-build woman to live on. My brother was drinking enough juice calories to sustain another person!
  • Amazing. Gives me all the motivation in the world for my water only goal for the next 3 weeks!
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    That is cool. Juice can be good for you but if you drink lots and lots a day it does add up. But water is better if you are trying to lose the weight. Allfor3 add a squeeze of lemon juice to your water. It helps.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!