Alcohol

Options
I'm just wondering if people log any alcohol they drink? I always do as they are calories but haven't noticed many others doing it.

Replies

• cetim
    cetim Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do all the time.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I definitely do when I drink. That doesn't happen very often though.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    you should alcohol calories add up fast!
  • stupxdgxrl
    stupxdgxrl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I do!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    oh how I miss alcohol.. Gave it up when I got serious about this..
  • hen1946
    hen1946 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yes do log alcohol. Lots of calories there. I like a drink once in a while but since MFP I substitute Black Velvet and Coke with Black Velvet and water. Big difference in Cals. Good luck
  • sugarbomb83
    sugarbomb83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I certainly do! I only seem to drink once every couple of months :drinker:
  • elevatorguy925
    Options
    I log it, I have switched away from higher calorie drinks after seeing the calories :noway:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I should.....but then I don't
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I love a dirty martini now and then. The calories contained in the drink are worth it. My problem is that I have munchies for the rest of the evening from the sugar spike. Big issue, so i keep the vodka to a minimum.
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If you want to be accurate, you should always log it. And watch the sweet stuff like mixed drinks and margaritas, and beer--tons of calories. These aren't worth it in my opinion. But red wine, on the other hand... Sometimes I log the wine I drink, and sometimes I don't--depends on how much I've had. :smile:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I drink and log alcohol several times a week. One or two glasses of wine...
  • redshoes86
    redshoes86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm trying to stick to clear spirits mixed with soda water - they still add up quickly! 75-80 calories per drink!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat and drink. I figure why skip logging one thing? To hide it from MFPeeps? To hide it from myself? My body keeps an accurate log of everything I eat & drink even if I don't. :tongue:

Everything gets logged, and if I'm over, I'm over, which happens at least once or twice a week. :smile:
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that a lot of people will have either cut right back or cut it out completely to keep within their calorie count - that would explain why you don't see it in many diaries! When I go back to it after a year off I'll definitely be logging it - not counting it in the first place is why I'm here :drinker:
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. Alcohol is ridiculously high in calories and is the reason why I don't lose weight as fast as I could. I really should stop; it's very bad for you to have a lot.