Low Carb Snacks

Options
I am actually having problems meeting my calorie goals, without going over on carbs. I already know what i'm having for dinner tonight, because I'm cooking for my mom...but after that even my calories are just at 900 and my carbs are already over by 11. Does anyone has an idea to get my calories up maybe 200 more and not really move the carbs much since i'm already over. I know peanut butter and celery would work. Any other options?

Replies

• jyeagle570
    jyeagle570 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you like eggs and are not watching cholesterol then you can eat hard boiled eggs they are low carb and 70 calories per egg.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    cheese! I don't think going over in carbs is as big of a deal as going over calories though
  • bloemks
    bloemks Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    How about string cheese or lean lunchmeat. I like to put a little cream cheese on a slice of lunchmeat (turkey or chicken) and make a little roll up. Peanuts, Almonds, or other healthy nuts. Eggs are a good low carb protein. Hope those help!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    cheese
    whole nuts, no salt
    yogurt
  • dpassarolarson
    Options
    mozzarella cheese and an apple.

Apples are magic for my blood sugar for some reason.
  • afluegel
    afluegel Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Im on a High protein/low carb diet... some things that i really like are the low fat cheese sticks, no salt almonds, rice cakes with a little natural peanut butter. Other suggestions would be eggs, tuna, veggies.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Eggs are a great idea, but if Cholestrol is a concern try egg whites. You can buy a liter carton on egg whites, and I believe a 1/2 cup equals 4 eggs and it's only like 30 or 40 calories. You can add sundried tomatoes, feta cheese and a handful of spinach and you have yourself a really healthy meal for not a lot of calories.