LADIES ONLY

Options
My period started back up again after getting off depo in july. it started bleeding very heavy on the 19th of november and isnt stopping! Am i ok? Whats going on? my weight loss is yoyoing and im going crazy!!!!!

Replies

• micksangel
    Options
    It's been about a million years since I was last on Depo, but from what I recall it takes a long time for your hormones to get back yo normal. Definitely worth a call to your doctors office though.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    Definitely worth a call to your doctors office <___________ this!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Uh ya call the Dr! It may be your hormones readjusting and whatnot, but better safe than sorry
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I think you should call the doctor just to be on the safe side.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Doc for sure. Not the least of which will be to check your blood count. We can get anemic like immediately from bleeding like that. Good luck
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Per Web MD:

"Some general indications of excessive bleeding can include:
    Saturating a maxipad or super tampon every 60-90 minutes for several hours
    Passage of large clots (quarter sized or larger)
    Significant bleeding for more than seven days
    Probably the most important factor would be if your bleeding is heavy enough to interfere with your normal activities."
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I ended up going back on the Depo shot just because my body went so haywire after going off it. :(
  • forensicgirl1
    Options
    It is the depo shots, your hormones are trying to get regulated and it will probably take a while. Also that shot massively affects your bone health so be very careful and try to find something else. There is a reason it is the #1 method used in 3rd world countries.
  • chrlslove7
    chrlslove7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your body is adjusting to the shifting hormones. Your weight may fluctuate as well. I'd check in with a doc just to make sure though. Hormonal contraceptives are really tricky.
  • maddiey
    maddiey Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I was once on depo, and I don't remember going thru what you are, but I do remember being told that depo can mess with your system pretty bad and I don't think I was on it long enough for that to happen. I would definitely call your doctor, but your body is probably just trying to get realigned.