Any special needs moms??

Options
My son has autism & i love to converse with other moms that know what it's like & can offer advice or a listening ear. if anyone would like to add me that would be great!

Replies

• Autumnsun26
    Autumnsun26 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Or dads lol :)
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    My 5 year old daughter has autism :)
  • Autumnsun26
    Options
    Aww it's rare I meet anyone with a girl :)
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. My oldest daughter (25) has cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism and mental retardation ..that's the short list, lol. How old is your son?
  • Autumnsun26
    Options
    Wow that is a lot. Your poor little one or not so little one. My son is 6. He has autism & hydrocephalus. He's the sweetest little boy.
  • eatyourselffitter
    eatyourselffitter Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My son is 16 and is high functioning autistic. I just started on here a couple days ago. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    My 12 year old son is on the autism spectrum. He has come a long way and I am so proud of him.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    My granddaughter whom I parent much of the time, has Phelan-McDermid Syndrome.
    Basically a gene deletion in chromosome 22. A lot of her symptoms mimic autism.
    Her intelligence is quite affected. Depending on the day and what's going on etc. etc.
    She's between about 3 & 7. She turns 11 next week.
    Sent you a friend request.
  • dschille
    Options
    I don't have a child with special needs-but I work at an adjustment training center for adults with mental and physical disabilities! Feel free to add me! :)
  • Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! My 12-yr-old son has Aspergers, feel free to add me!
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!

I have 4 children. My 13 year old son has aspergers two of my other children are on the spectrum but to a low degree, my oldest son now works with children with special needs and aspergers so it effects everyone in the family!

I am very proud of all my children they work hard to overcome their fears and enjoy life!
  • casey_when_u_go
    casey_when_u_go Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 19, has complex health needs, epilepsy, and is a full time wheelchair user ...... amongst lots of other things.
    Feel free to add me!