The Power of Our Minds....

Options
This article has so much truth to it.... in reality we are in control.. and how we think will determine the outcome. Being morbidly obese my mind played alot of negative outcomes in my life. it is a battle to overcome the thoughts that kept me there.

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2012/11/17/perpetual-victim-mentality-is-doomed-to-fail/

Replies

• ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    "You are what you think you are."

SO true.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    lol u advertising the book?
  • KamalBhai
    KamalBhai Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the great article.

“Holding onto a grudge is letting someone live rent-free in your head.” — Jeremy Cowart.

Very true.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    amazing transformation OP . u have mastered the power of the mind
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    lol u advertising the book?

lol i had to go back to the article to see what book you were referring to lol... no not at all.

The last few months have been a struggle, one might find that hard to believe after losing so much weight but circumstances brought me to a place where I now know I have alot more work to do on my old negative core beliefs.

Many morbidly obese people have many issues to work through to attain and maintain weigh loss... weigh loss is not only just watching what you eat and exercise...our minds need a transformation too.... ignoring that part will only sabotage all efforts in the longs run...main reason why people fail and go back to old ways IMO.
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    "You are what you think you are."

SO true.
    Thanks for sharing the great article.

“Holding onto a grudge is letting someone live rent-free in your head.” — Jeremy Cowart.

Very true.

great quotes!!
  • chunkylover22
    chunkylover22 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This is why I am a strong believer in the Law of Attraction.

Btw, Great article! :))
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    Options
    This reminds me of an episode of Oprah Winfrey Show yesterday "The Law of Attraction" The law of attraction is that our thinking creates and brings to us whatever we think about," she says. "It's as though every time we think a thought, every time we speak a word, the universe is listening

Here's the link if you wanna read more:

http://www.oprah.com/spirit/The-Law-of-Attraction-Real-Life-Stories_1#ixzz2Dzdi1r9R
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    Options
    @ Chunkylover22 Me too. I truly believe
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of an episode of Oprah Winfrey Show yesterday "The Law of Attraction" The law of attraction is that our thinking creates and brings to us whatever we think about," she says. "It's as though every time we think a thought, every time we speak a word, the universe is listening

Here's the link if you wanna read more:

http://www.oprah.com/spirit/The-Law-of-Attraction-Real-Life-Stories_1#ixzz2Dzdi1r9R

Interesting stuff, I believe it's true.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bumping for later