TRX... calories?

My pilates studio has begun offering TRX and I enjoy it as something to shake up my typical pilates routine. Yesterday I did a 55 minute class that is typically machine + TRX, but this time we only did TRX. I realize that TRX is more of a strength-training workout than cardio, but I am wondering how to track my calories when I do TRX because I definitely can feel my blood flowing faster and I break a sweat.

Also, any experienced TRXers out there? I find that when I am leaning back with my full weight and have my arms fully extended, my forearms and hands hurt something awful. My instructor told me this is due to too much computer use (at my my daily job). Any suggestions for increasing forearm strength so I can stop doing the death grip during TRX workout?

Replies

• FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    I have been doing TRX for 5 weeks now and I too often find my forearms definitely feel the pain the most. Thankfully my class is TRX/Kettlebell and we go back and forth between the two. I'm not sure my forearms could handle 60 minutes straight.

Also curious as to how to log this training into my fitness. I have yet to figure that out.
  • I found this website that might be of some help when estimating TRX calories burned. Monitoring your heart rate is still more accurate but this is a start.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/calories-burned-trx-suspension-training

Since TRX isn't in the database yet, I'm just adding a workout that's approximately the same number of calories and calling it good.