On the go breakfasts

Options
I need some new options for a less than 5 minute breakfast that I can eat in the car, I have tried to get up earlier to have a real breakfast but I like sleeping too much. Anything that can be done one handed would be great

Replies

• Huskerzn97
    Huskerzn97 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bars should do the trick. They are the best bar I know of. Very tasty too. Check them out on amazon or the Quest website.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Hard Boiled eggs, smoothies with fruit and veg, baked protein bars, chicken salad sandwich.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs. If you make a dozen at the beginning of the week, you can just grab and go.

A piece of fruit. A bowl of oatmeal or yogurt are quick to eat.

On the days I work early and have to rush in the morning, I always eat an english muffin with peanut butter and a banana. Or cottage cheese and a banana.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Please tell me you are a passenger in this car, and not the driver. Please.
  • Lauren06880
    Lauren06880 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    In a real pinch.....believe it or not a McDonalds Egg McMuffin is only 300 calories and then ask for it without the butter and it's only 280. Not a bad way to start the morning.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Smoothies. I take a banana, vanilla protein powder, skim milk, a dash of cinnamon and a few ice cubes. Run it through a blender and pour into a to go mug and walk out the door. If I'm really hungry I will add a piece of toast with either sugar free jelly or a little bit of peanut butter. I'm good to go until lunch.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Nuts and fruit! a glass of skim milk!
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Check out this site: www.theyummylife.com, and look for the Overnight Refridg Oatmeal. Make ahead of time, and it's fab, and quick the next day. i use this all of the time as my grab and go food.
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    In a real pinch.....believe it or not a McDonalds Egg McMuffin is only 300 calories and then ask for it without the butter and it's only 280. Not a bad way to start the morning.

And if you can live without cheese, it's 50 calories less. Plus, we use actual real eggs, the same kind I have at home. So it's not some mystery egg patty, haha.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I make my husband's breakfast every morning that he eats on his way to work. Here are some things I send with him:

Homemade Oatmeal Waffles (made with whole wheat flour & oatmeal, so it's more filling than "regular waffles) that are frozen and then just popped in the toaster and then topped with peanut butter--eaten like a sandwich

Homemade Breakfast Burritos (cook up some scrambled eggs and turkey sausage in the evening or weekend & then in the morning put some in a tortilla along with a little shredded cheese and pop in the microwave)

Homemade Mini Pumpkin Muffins (I can PM you the recipe if interested). Just bake them and then freeze and in the morning put however many you want on a plate and nuke in the microwave.

Homemade Mini Pumpkin Protein Pancakes (again I can PM the recipe if interested). Just bake them, freeze and nuke in the microwave. Top with peanut butter and eat :)

Homemade Protein Bars
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Make your own egg sandwich! All you need is a microwave eggs N' muffin pan (Walmart like for $5.00), English muffin or sandwich thins, low fat cheese and ham. One egg in the microwave for 40 seconds, Toast the bread (If you have the time :wink: ) add cheese and ham. (mine comes out for about 250 cals. no butter) Grab a bottle of your favorite protein shake and you are out in less than 5 minutes.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    toasted English muffin with peanut butter & jelly = about 250 calories
    banana + a NUGO bar = about 250 calories