post baby weight loss!

kfb2010
kfb2010 Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I have a 15 week old son and 11kg to loose. I was a size 8 prior to getting pregnant and now still wearing maternity clothes. All my weight is in tummy, hips, thighs and butt.... and boobs, but are breastfeeding, so guess that is ok. I just want to get back to prior weight - I did put on 25kg in pregnancy. I use to be very sporty, but havent got back into that since having my son and my eating is terrible. Keen to hear other peoples weight loss post baby....

Replies

• CinthyNair
    CinthyNair Posts: 261
    Breastfeeding is a natural way for a new mummy to loose weight. Just start eating healthier foods, and include daily walks. As you regain the momentum, start more aggresive workout regimes :)
  • belzs
    belzs Posts: 3 Member
    Breastfeeding is great for getting off the baby weight. I put on 3st, I was a UK size 10 (8st.12) before preg. My babe is now 8 months and I am almost back to pre preg size.
    I found walking everyday for 1hr helped me get back in shape and I did daily gentle yoga and exercise tape .
    I ate what I felt like and did not restrict food intake. I am still breastfeeding but now feel ready to tackle those last few 1lbs and add a few more workouts.
    Enjoy this time the weight will go. : )
  • kfb2010
    kfb2010 Posts: 2
    thanks for the replies. I am breastfeeding but my weight today is still the same as it was the week after I had my son and he is 15 weeks old... very depressing.... and my shape is so different
  • renda924
    renda924 Posts: 1 Member
    My son is 17 weeks and I am breastfeeding also. It hasn't helped me shed much weight either so I have began eating healthier and taking walks. Good luck to you!
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Take yourself out of a deficit on here-and just eat what MFP tells you if you want to maintain your weight. Breastfeeding will burn enough calories to put you back in a deficit, and you'll be eating enough to avoid hurting your milk supply.

Check out my food diary to see what I've done-and it's been successful. I'm pumping extra after my son eats. So I found out the nutritional values for that and entered it as a negative value food, then I log how much I pumped. So I'm actually eating above maintenance calories and I'm still losing. Just drink enough water!
This discussion has been closed.