50 lbs gone - more motivated than ever!

Options
I am officially 50lbs lighter than I was a year ago(at my highest). My weight loss venture has been going on for about 5 months(started in November), which means I met my goal of 10lbs a month I set in MFP! It works, it really works!

Yes I am excited! That is because I have discovered something I have never had before. Well I discovered several things. Confidence; confidence in what my ultimate goal is and I will do whatever I can do to achieve it healthily. Excitement; excitement that every-time I look into the mirror, I appear thinner, more muscular or more defined. Commitment; commitment to taking care of by body in ways that I've never thought of before! Ab Muscles; AB MUSCLES, the top-most abdominal muscle has made an appearance. I have never seen or felt one before on my body. It still has a nice layer of fat on it, but its gotten more visible!

I just want to encourage everyone to continue on their quest to lose weight, but more importantly, to attain a healthy lifestyle, that, in the end, will benefit you for years to come(hopefully many, many more!)

I have a picture from last fathers day, where I was grilling outside and I hate the picture. Its a side view and I am at my heaviest and digustingly large and unhealthy. My plan is to have the same picture taken this year, in the same pose (my dad and toddler included) and then I will post the pictures. It will be my before and during photo (No such thing in an after photo when its a lifestyle change!)

Anyhow, good luck everyone!

Replies

• Jamie_Moy
    Jamie_Moy Posts: 40
    Options
    Thank you for the added motivation and inspiration!!! And even more importantly, congratulations on your accomplishments, and much luck with all your future one's as well.
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed reading your post. I have lost 35 lbs, only to put it all back on. I am excited to start over and posts like this one reinforce that it's a lifetime of health not a quick fix.
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    great job!!! way to go!!!!! i cant wait til i lose 50lbs :)
  • Corbinsmom
    Corbinsmom Posts: 117
    Options
    What a great post!! Congratulations! You have done an amazing job! I can't wait to see your pictures. You are absolutely right this is a change for ahealthy lifestyle and it is pretty excitignto start seeing changes. I've lost 23 lbs so far ( 10 before MFP) and I get more and more excited. Thanks for the encouraging words, they are always needed.

Congrats again!!!!!!!!!!!
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Congrats (((APPLAUSE))))) Isnt it great to find all those neat things you forgot you had :bigsmile: Its so nice that you are so motivated and want to go further. You will have nothing but success with that attitude. Cant wait to see the before and after pics. :flowerforyou:
  • highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    What brilliant news to start the day with! Congratulations on your weight loss - and finding your abs :0)
  • wendyannhall
    wendyannhall Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC!!! I can't wait to see your before and after pics!!! :)
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Very cool. It's really worthwhile to know that with time and diligence in this endeavor success can be achieved. I'm curious, could you map out the rate of weight-loss you experienced? MFP (and so many calculators) give the appearance that eating a particular diet will have you lose X number of lbs per week and so many people come in thinking - "oh that's great, instant feedback from the scale, one week from now I'll be 2 lbs lighter!" only to find themselves stuck in a plateau for weeks on end. I think it's in these plateaus that people lose faith in and ultimately give up. I'd like to know how you weight-loss journey was, was it every week 2 lbs missing, or did the losses come in spurts at times and stall in dry spells at other times?
  • jmarie9
    jmarie9 Posts: 108
    Options
    amazing. i def. needed this today. thanks!
    5010 Posts: 59
    Options
    What a wonderful post soooooooooooooo happy for you well done :smooched:
  • freedMan
    freedMan Posts: 68
    Options
    Very cool. It's really worthwhile to know that with time and diligence in this endeavor success can be achieved. I'm curious, could you map out the rate of weight-loss you experienced? MFP (and so many calculators) give the appearance that eating a particular diet will have you lose X number of lbs per week and so many people come in thinking - "oh that's great, instant feedback from the scale, one week from now I'll be 2 lbs lighter!" only to find themselves stuck in a plateau for weeks on end. I think it's in these plateaus that people lose faith in and ultimately give up. I'd like to know how you weight-loss journey was, was it every week 2 lbs missing, or did the losses come in spurts at times and stall in dry spells at other times?

In my opinion, my definition of a plateau is when I dont see the expected results during two weeks. I was stuck at 246 for 2 weeks and that was my plateau. People say that you keep sticking with what you're doing and you'll break out of it eventually. This may be the case, but I wasnt willing to wait 4 months! The idea of waiting is insane because the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

So I changed my routine up during that plateau, I carb loaded on one day, didnt eat my execise calories the next, doubled up a workout, changed the time of day my workout occured and went from drinking about 40oz of water a day to nearly 128oz.

Change it up. Dont expect your plateau to go away if you stay the same. Your body wants to maintain a state of "status quo" and will adjust itself to maintain equilibrium. This is why you must change! When I reach my maintenance weight, I will be fine being in the equilibrium, but not while Im trying to lose weight!
  • freedMan
    freedMan Posts: 68
    Options
    To clarify, don't look at the week to week numbers. Look at the overall picture.

Some weeks I lost nothing, some I lost 1, 2 or 3lbs. Overall however, over the course of 5 months, I've lost 50. That figure is all tht matters in the long run!
  • wallace626
    wallace626 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats dude!!!! You are certainly an inspiration to not quit. Wish you luck!!