Need some support to get myself going again.

Options
Alright, so this is my third and hopefully final attempt to successfully use mfp to lose some weight. I tried before and couldn't pull through; after a couple weeks or so I would just give in and binge eat, then end up weighing a bit more. I figure joining the community might give me some motivation this time instead of doing it alone. I have no pics added yet but I'm a 21 year old male, weighing around 185, I'm 5'11 and I barely get any exercise (yay cubicle jobs), but that's going to change. Also need to drastically cut down drinking on the weekends.

Anyway, there's my short intro, add if you need support and want to give some in return.

Much love and peace. :heart:

Replies

• spastik
    Options
    Well, that was a failure. :smokin:
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

Put some pix up even if its just a funny one. There are alot of amazing people on this site! They really help me keep going. I dunno that we have a lot in common. I am fat and old :P You are young and pretty trim at 185!
    Sounds like to me you just need to get some exercise :P
    Join a gym instead of going out drinking on weekends? Or join a basketball group? Find more active things to do with people? Course if you dance for 3 hours when you go out clubbing that might be enough exercise?

You can add me if you want. I do have a # of very active and motivated people in my friend's list. I started in Sept and have lost 17 lbs. Got a long ways to go but am just going to keep logging till I get there and probably beyond so I don't gain it back.

Blessings,
    Christine
  • scorpio007007
    scorpio007007 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    we are here for you! My husband is a cubicle jockey too, 6' 1" (quite a bit older, though) and lost nearly 70 lbs over the past year and is delighted to get his weight below 190!
    Sounds as though what you are saying is that you need an exercise plan.
    My husband started eating many more salads and cut out carbs alltogether....But what made the real difference for my husband was joining a gym and going regularly. His insurance reimbursed him 75% of the fees which tells you that isurance companies find it worthwhile too.
    If you can't afford a gym and personal trainer then visit Hulu online and find the Health & Fitness videos. There are lots of 10 and 15 minute exercise videos to get you started. If you set a goal for 15 minutes of exercise everyday (who can't find that much time?) you can work your way up to 30 minutes for your next goal.