Anyone else just need to lose 10lbs ?

Options
Hi,

I need some friends/support. I will like to go back to my 143 lbs frame. I don't feel that I'm "fat" now but I will like to go back to that # and continue gettign in shape. ")

Replies

• texancountess
    Options
    I've maintained a 20lb loss for just over a year now and am now working towards losing the last 3-8 pounds that I think would make me happier. My main goal is toning, so the lower number on the scale is more of a bonus than the goal. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, I'm at 150 and don't feel like I'm fat but I need to lose 10-15 more to get rid of this extra chub.
  • LMG130
    LMG130 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's kinda what I'm trying to do. I'm more focusing on strength training now to see how it will change me. I think high stress is not helping my situation though!
  • freyapearson
    Options
    im exactly the same- dont feel the need to lose big numbers, just tone up and feel better. feel free to add me its always good to have people on similar journeys around you... x
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I started MFP with a BMI near over weight. My goal was to get to the middle of "healthy" BMI. Overall was about 19 or 20 pounds. Made it halfway and stalled. Just about 8 or 9 pounds to go... sigh.

NOTHING I have done has budged the scale. Not here to talk about that though.

So, instead, I decided to increase my muscle mass. I am fine being this weight, and even heavier, so long as it LOOKS good. :)
  • luvsyoga
    luvsyoga Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm working on my last 10lbs, not easy! I don't think I'm big, but I've got belly chub, I'd like to say good bye to it! Add me if u like.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am here to work on alters my body composition. I only need to cut about 5-8lbs of fat. I found that it's much better to worry about altering your body composition that fat as that is where you will see the best results. Because in all reality, muscle is what makes you look good in a bathing suit. So if you keep a moderate deficit (20% less than tdee) and do heavy weight training, then the fat will come off, the muscle will stay and you will look much better.
  • melicr
    melicr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and 153 right now. I agree with the fact that I need to tone up, but I know I have some "extra" fat in my belly that I'm sure weights a little bit lol. I do workout 3-4 times a week, mostly I do circuit training with weights and also do some running, nothing more that 5K though.

So lose and tone will be great for me. I have done it before I can do it again. ")

If you are in the same journey, please friend me ")
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and 153 right now. I agree with the fact that I need to tone up, but I know I have some "extra" fat in my belly that I'm sure weights a little bit lol. I do workout 3-4 times a week, mostly I do circuit training with weights and also do some running, nothing more that 5K though.

So lose and tone will be great for me. I have done it before I can do it again. ")

If you are in the same journey, please friend me ")

Just so you know, toning really means cutting body fat. Circuit training is OK, but it won't offer you the same benefit as a true weight training program like strong lift 5x5. You will see much greater strength gains from a well designed WT program that incorporates low rep/high weight.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    One issue a lot of us have is we tried "dieting" for so long and did everything so wrong that we've lost a significant amount of muscle mass. So, when we get down to a good body fat percentage and a good weight, we still don't look good and we think we got to lose more weight!

So, gaining muscle mass via heavy weights and caloric surplus is the correct solution to our weight loss goals when that happens.
  • Loula124
    Loula124 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here, like you I know I'm not 'fat' in the traditional sense of the word but I would like to get back to my pre-children weight and be more toned. I'm 5'6" and when I started logging my weight and doing intermittent fasting I was 145, I'm now 133 and would like to be 126. I have a fairly small frame and was always slim through my teens and twenties. I am doing a little exercise too, which never featured much before (although I guess I was doing 5 hours of dancing in a club most weekends!). I have a step machine at home and have been using that, with wrist weights on as well.

If you'd like to add me, that would be great.
  • Momto32010
    Momto32010 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I hoping to lose the last 10 lbs of baby weight. I am 5'5" and have three kids. I've been trying to get the last of the baby weight off over the last year, but just re-dedicated myself the last couple of weeks and started exercising at least 4 times a week...it seems to be working so far.
  • bananastasia
    Options
    I'm right there with you!
    I'm looking to lose 10 pounds at the most. I just want to feel more lean and be at my ideal weight.
    I went through anorexia which turned into binge eating and am just beginning to recover from both, so I gained some extra weight in the process. I'm on this site to get support to have a healthy relationship with my body and lose weight in a healthy way. Friend me please ! I'm new :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    preachin' to the choir