When is the right time to talk to your kids about bacon?

Options
RedHeadDevotchka
RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
How do I start off that conversation? What with all the unsafe eating and need for condiments...

Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    have you found photos of bacon on their cellphones? if so, then i think you need to sit down with them and have "the talk".

kids grow up so fast these days, you want to make sure they don't learn about bacon on the streets.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    Options
    have you found photos of bacon on their cellphones? if so, then i think you need to sit down with them and have "the talk".

kids grow up so fast these days, you want to make sure they don't learn about bacon on the streets.

Yes this is true. I saw some bacon wrappers in a book bag, I'm just so worried!
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options

this is a bad sign. you should have "the talk". the sooner, the better.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    Train them from birth
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Wait til you find out they are hiding it under their mattress....
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Were you on bacon when you were pregnant with them? This can cause many additional problems...
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    There is a wrong time to talk about Bacon??!!!
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    In the womb. You should tell them stories of the glorious bacon with a soothing voice. That way they are born ready to accept all that bacon has to offer.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options

this is a bad sign. you should have "the talk". the sooner, the better.

the only thing I would wonder about is what they are trading it for at school. Money? Drugs? Sex? who knows these days...
  • jimbo480
    jimbo480 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You can buy bacon at any grade school today, it's crazy...
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    When they reach about 7 you need to have the "talk" with them.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I craved a BLT when I was preggo w/ my son. If you have to ask you may be too late:

BLT.jpg
  • anodyness
    anodyness Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bacon is a beautiful, healthy thing. With bread, not so much. I think you should be more concerned about talking to them about sugar.
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    diet-coke-with-bacon.jpg

push_button_receive_bacon_sticker-p217582543249375457bfd7p_400.jpg
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Oh, wow. Bacon jokes. Chuckle, chorttle, tittle. Hardy har har. Oh, wow. Really slapping my knees here.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    It's important to be understanding and accepting, no matter what they decide is right for themselves in life.

That said, if they don't like bacon, trade them in.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    Options
    Oh, wow. Bacon jokes. Chuckle, chorttle, tittle. Hardy har har. Oh, wow. Really slapping my knees here.

Right? When isn't bacon funny??
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    When it's not used in the context of real humor.
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    When it's not the context of real humor.

you mean real humor, like changing the word "Artist" to "Fartist"? because all real humor is potty humor, right? jokes about farts are the pinnacle achievement of the comedy industry.

let the bellylaughing commence! he put an F in front of artist!! get it? it's hilarious.
  • Chainbreaker
    Chainbreaker Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Let them learn about it on the street. We did, and we turned out out awesome. Plus it saves you an awkward conversation when you could be watching the Twilight saga instead.