I NEED SUPPORT!!

Options
Hi MFP peeps!!

i am asking for your support! I have had a tragic event happen in my life recently - my 17 year old son passed away Oct, 13 2012 and since then I have been in a rut! I have lost all motivation for exercise and I have not been logging my food! I want to get back into running but it has been hard. I loved running and i was doing the c25k and up to week 7 when he got sick and was hospitalized a week in the Peds ICU before he passed. I was wondering if anyone went thru a similar situation with a loved one and what got you back. I want to take care of myself because I know I have to continue living my life- I still have a wonderful husband and 2 other sons i want to be around for. Thank you for any advice you can give me!

Replies

• lakingfish
    lakingfish Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I have not been in your shoes but I have close friends who have. I would advice you to reach out for help. Particularly with people who have been where you are. I can't say it gets easier but you can move on. Be very gentle with yourself and allow yourself to grieve. I have found in times of great loss that having a routine and something I do regularly helps me deal with it. I would try to consider diet and exercise not just doing something for your self but as part of your therapy to help you deal with the grief. I hope this is helpful and again I am so sorry for your loss. If you would like you can add me as a friend and I will try to help you in any way I can.
  • lakingfish
    lakingfish Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just looked this up may be helpful to you.

http://www.compassionatefriends.org/home.aspx

You are in my prayers.