30DS or Insanity?

Options
Ok so I need to find a workout that I wanna stick with. I am torn between 30DS and Insanity. Which do you prefer and what are the results you have gotten?

Thanks!

Replies

• zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    It depends entirely on you. I think Insanity is probably a tougher workout, but 30DS surprised me too. I'm a mum, I'm busy and I don't have a lot of focus and 30 days sounded do-able so I started with 30DS - here are my results:

PhotoGrid_1354167591409.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1354167182409.jpg

I've just started Ripped in 30 because I really liked the structure of 30DS and I LOVED my results.
  • Calm_Lotus_06
    Calm_Lotus_06 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Those are some awesome results! That seems to be my biggest problem. Between work and all 3 kids and my hubby.. I am always on the go! I need something to push me and keep me structured!
  • aairs1
    aairs1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about buying insanity, but then realized I already had the 30 day shred. I have tried it before but never finished. I thought that I should try and get through 30 days of that before spending the money on Insanity. You can do the 30 day shred for free on Utube. I am on day 15 and am loving it!
  • stehmari
    stehmari Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 7 of level 1 on the 30 day shred. I love it afterwards, and hate it during. It's a great workout! I would definetly recommend it. My bf has a playstation 3 so I just go on youtube via ps3 and play the 30ds through youtube.
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have done both, and by done i mean started :) Insanity was too much for me to personally stick with although i do believe it is a GREAT work out and will give you awesome results, for me, it was just too much at my current fitness and commitment level. 30 DS however, I LIKE! I actually enjoy doing it and it does have some of the same moves as insanity. I have found that i prefer 30DS over insanity, not because one is better than the other, but because 30 DS suits my current fitness level and state of mind.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    These are twl completely different programs. If time is an issue and/or you are newer to fitness started with 30DS. Once 30DS is mastered move to Insanity.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I've seen people get great results with both... Its all about preference though, and how much time and pain you are willing to go through.
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have both. I have done both. I have done both morbidly obese. So here is my take on the 2 workouts.

Insanity - More expensive to buy the program, (PM me if you want a cheaper way to buy it than beachbody) NO equipment needed. except a towel to dry your sweat. This program can be modified. No you are not doing the program as prescribed by Shaun T, but we are not all built like him yet. Even modified I got a great workout. I lost 14 pounds of fat and gained 7 pounds of muscle. He is SUPER motivating. More workouts = less boring. Not doing the same thing everyday.

30DS - Cheaper to buy, but you need weights, mat, jumprope. less time per day. I believe the workouts are shorter than Insanity. 27 minutes I believe. The workouts are already scaled down if you are not in the best of shape. So all you have to do is watch the woman doing the scaled down version. Jillian can be boring and irritating. Especially since it is the same video everyday (while in that phase of the DVD)

Had to correct my typo. :)
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    im on day 6 of 30DS and its the only work out video ive ever done more than once, i like how she changes exercise quickly so its not boring :)
  • emily_bird
    Options
    If you're worried about Insanity being too long,you can get Insanity Asylum (Volume 1 and 2 are available) which is a 30 day program.Technically, it's 29 because the last day is a fit test. Go to Beachbody team and if you look at the success stories, you can see incredible change. You don't need any equipment and can modify the activities to suit your needs. Equipment used : jumping rope, ladder, resistance band or dumbbells. What I like about it, is that the days are mixed up so you don't get bored or irritated. The shortest workout (Relief) is 25 min, with the longest being an hour. On average, you're looking at 40 or 45 min per workout.Only twice per month do you go over an hour, which is when you do Overtime (15 min) with Game Day.

I haven't done 30 DS, but I have started Asylum as my first intro into Insanity and I am REALLY enjoying it ! I highly recommend the program.
  • KySny82
    KySny82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have both. I have done both. I have done both morbidly obese. So here is my take on the 2 workouts.

Insanity - More expensive to buy the program, (PM me if you want a cheaper way to buy it than beachbody) NO equipment needed. except a towel to dry your sweat. This program can be modified. No you are not doing the program as prescribed by Shaun T, but we are not all built like him yet. Even modified I got a great workout. I lost 14 pounds of fat and gained 7 pounds of muscle. He is SUPER motivating. More workouts = less boring. Not doing the same thing everyday.

30DS - Cheaper to buy, but you need weights, mat, jumprope. less time per day. I believe the workouts are shorter than Insanity. 27 minutes I believe. The workouts are already scaled down if you are not in the best of shape. So all you have to do is watch the woman doing the scaled down version. Jillian can be boring and irritating. Especially since it is the same video everyday (while in that phase of the DVD)

Had to correct my typo. :)

As a Beachbody coach, I can tell you that the price of their programs may seem expensive; however, if you wish to be guaranteed the original & FULL program, you are better off buying the program through Beachbody. Prices are often increased by $20-$40 more on other retailers sites as well. Plus, Beachbody almost ALWAYS includes additional workout DVDs retailed at $20-$40 for FREE when you purchase through their site. If any of you'd be interested in finding out more about Insanity or other programs/nutrition packages Beachbody has to offer, please do not hesitate to send me a message. Thank you! :)
  • DivaSlimsDown
    Options
    I love both the programs. 30 day shred is great for those getting started with fitness. insanity is great for those who want to be challenged. Insanity gave me the best results.
  • ltravis66
    ltravis66 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've done both as well. I mix them up now. It's easier for me to balance my time that way.

My problem is I don't know how many calories I burn when doing 30DS. Do you have a formula?
  • DMVButterfly
    DMVButterfly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    i've never done 30DS, but started Insanity last Monday (yesterday was my rest day). ALREADY, I see changes in my arms and STOMACH! I lost 5 lbs even during my menstral cycle.

i've always been athletic and have been working out all year. so, although Insanity is challenging, it's not as tough as i was thinking it would be. however, i'm sure month 2 will be more challenging because the workouts are longer and more intense.
  • DMVButterfly
    DMVButterfly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Insanity is also on Youtube and if you inbox me, I can tell you where I purchased it for really inexpensive. Dont be afraid to look at iOffer, ebay, etc.
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS and I love it. It's a great workout in a little amount of time. I can't speak for Insanity because I have never done it, but I did do P90X and didn't like it at all. I ended up gaining a ton of weight after I finished it and in places I normally didn't gain weight. I found it hard to take an hour (and with P90X a lot of them tend to go over an hour) out of my day. With 30DS, I can do it after work and continue my day.

Also, the only equipment you need is weights and possible a mat.