Bariatric Surgery

Options
I recently had the Lap Band Surgery implanted. Actually last Wednesday. Still have staples and am in a lot of pain. Can't do much physical activity yet, but am pretty excited about changing my whole lifestyle. I need support! Friend me and help keep me on track. Please and thank you.
Can only have liquids now, which limits me to protein shakes and soups. Can only take sips or it will come back up.

Got 100 pounds to lose. LETS GOOOO!

Replies

• samigirl25
    Options
    My best friends husband (whom I consider a brother) had the lap band surgery and he's lost about 20. He was a BIG guy. After he lost the initial 150, he started becoming super active and now he does Yoga and an hour on the elliptical every day. He can't run bc being so overweight hurt his knees badly, but he is still able to be as active as he wants.

This is going to be awesome for you! So excited for your new journey!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, i hope it works for you!
  • gottaluvya
    Options
    good luck! my cousin just had GBP (not the band, the regular surgery) in October and she is down over 25lbs in her first month (and has seen changes like being able to walk up the hill to her apartment with much less stress, walk thru Target without becoming winded, etc). My aunt had it several years ago and lost close to 100 but then had other issues that have stopped her from being as active and she has gained about half back due to that. I have also know folks who have had the surgery, not lost much weight BUT came off all their meds (HBP, diabetes, etc) and just feel better even if the scale has not moved much. So everyone is different, and I do hope you achieve the results you are looking for!!

Me, I was always too chicken to consider it lol :)