Anyone else use a pedometer??

Options
I just downloaded a pedometer app on my cell phone....Seems like it is working....Does it actually work? Let me know..Thanks

Feel Free to ADD ME :D

Replies

• flpmomi
    flpmomi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I bought a fitbit ultra when I first started and I love it. It calculates steps, distance, floors climbed and calores burned throughout the whole day. I want the new one that came out recently because they are now sweatproof. Look into it. It has really helped me and made me more aware and more motivated. (www.fitbit.com) :bigsmile:
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Thanks girl!!!! I wanted to see how many steps I needed to walk for a Mile lol plus track it Ha!
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have the Striiv app on my iphone. I use it every day and it's sync's here on MFP. I love it!
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    Wow!! I have an android and downloaded Accupedo which means accurate pedometer lol seems legit...Can't wait to test it later on today when I do my real walking
  • KittyKarma31
    KittyKarma31 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love mine! I have the FitBit One and it is great! It even reminds me during the day I need to get up and get moving. Plus I earn badges through FitBit showing how I am doing. It's great!!
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    How much does it cost? I might have to get one!!! LOL
  • luvinna
    luvinna Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Runtastic pedometer (free version). Once I got my step length set right it seems pretty accurate. It also syncs to MFP, but your speed is rounded down (I usually walk at 3.5 mph, and it posts that I did 3 mph). I've heard rumors that you can only use it five times before you have to buy the "pro" version. I did my fifth session last Friday and it hasn't told me I have to upgrade yet. I've only been using it a couple times a week, so we'll see what happens when I try to use it again.

I tried downloading others onto my Galaxy S3, but they all froze up or wouldn't even open.

FYI, the Striiv app did look like a good one, but it is only available for iPhone (I wish the info here on MFP would state that).