Protein Powder recipe?

Options
rainbowbow
rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
Hey guys,

I am sick and tired of drinking whey with water at work and want to try the 4 5lb tubs of whey i have in some other recipes. If anyone has a Protein bar/ball/mold recipe that would be awesome! Preferabbly something I can bring to work without having to prepare it on the spot. :) Also, preferrably something not SUPER high in calories for a measely amount of protein.

Things I have tried and hated: Protein Fluff, Protein mug cake, Protein pancakes.

Thank you! :D:D:D

Replies

• knittingwitch
    knittingwitch Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    go to bodybuilding.com they have a pumpkin protein bar recipe, chocolate protein bar, and a whole lot more shakes included.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    It's sorta calorie heavy for a drink but I mix my vanilla whey in orange juice. it's awesome. Sunny d works, too (half the cals) but you def need a shaker cup for it otherwise it doesn't mix quite right.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I throw in one scoop of my protein powder, a teaspoon of pb, 1 cup of skim milk, some ice, and ta da!! tastes like a milkshake!
  • Alansugar1
    Options
    go to the recipes section of muscletalk.co.uk You will find what you are looking for guaranteed.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I put my protein powder in my oatmeal, and then top with different fruits or nuts or whatever is on hand! So yummy. I also put it in shakes, usually a frozen banana, some almond milk, and a little PB! Another favorite is putting my cookies and cream or chocolate protein powder in my greek yogurt! You can even freeze it to make a soft serve like treat :) I hope these ideas help you out a little!
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    http://mhpstrong.com/updates/product-recipes/ Ton of em on this site, from protein pumpkin bread to smoothies
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened almond milk. It's 30 calories per cup.
  • dtf88
    dtf88 Posts: 53
    Options
    I throw in one scoop of my protein powder, a teaspoon of pb, 1 cup of skim milk, some ice, and ta da!! tastes like a milkshake!

I do this too and throw in oatmeal, tastes amazing!
  • magzymagz
    Options
    For a ton of great treat things to make with protein powder, this blog is amazing: http://chockohlawtay.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Protein-Powder
    The protein powder and peanut butter balls are so so simple to make and yet fabulously delicious- great just before a workout.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
  • Ellyabell
    Ellyabell Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    http://michaelkoryfitness.blogspot.co.nz/

Michael has some of the best recipes out there, IMO.
  • Amlong1977
    Amlong1977 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with unsweetened almond milk. It's only 30 calories per cup & makes the shakes taste a heck of a lot better.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options

I do this too and throw in oatmeal, tastes amazing!

me too
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! :) the issue with using almond milk is we don't really have any place to keep it at work. That's why I've had to use the stupid water fountain :(

I use almond milk at home and in my shakes with frozen fruit. But the problem is I need more protein during the day/at work instead of trying to get 60+ grams with dinner!

Definitely checking out the sites linked. Homemade recipes are welcome too ;)
  • amathwills
    amathwills Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • paijing
    paijing Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Never tried it, but you might want to give it a go:

Peanut Butter Snack Bar
    4 scoops chocolate protein powder
    2/3 cup ground flaxseed
    1/2 cup water
    4 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
    1 pkg stevia or splenda (optional)

1. Mix it all up in a big bowl. It'll be thick. Add a little water if necessary.
    2. Divide the mixture into 5 balls. Shape them into bars. Seal them in plastic wrap and store in fridge or freezer.

258 cals, 21g protein, 12g carbs (2g fiber), 14g fat (1g saturated fat)
  • floridapanthergirl
    Options
    So you can bring a cooling lunch bag! you go girl!
  • CaptChad75
    Options
    Try these bars they are great. All natural no processed sugar 20g of protein.. I buy them buy the case keep them on my boat!
    http://questproteinbar.com/?utm_source=msn&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=branded+-+search&utm_content=quest+bar&utm_term=quest bars
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I copied off a friend this morning and made a mocha protein latte. Blended 4 oz of milk with a scoop of chocolate protein powder, poured it into my coffee and then reheated for a minute. You can also do it with chai tea. One of my friends uses vanilla chai, and blends the milk with vanilla protein powder.