Reminder??

Options
Can anyone please remind me as to why I'm doing this? I am so angry right now and all I want to do is eat the dinner I made for my kids. I'm doing a low carb diet and it's Scalloped Potatoes and ham.... WHAT THE CRAP IS THE POINT!!!????

Replies

• ryanchemist
    Options
    You are training your body to process foods differently. As you progress try to eat less food more often to stay less hungry. Just becasue you are on a high protein diet doesn't mean you can't have one bit of something either. You need to live too.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Because you're worth it!!

That's why.
    Yeah- it sucks today and it will suck again in the future. Someone said this earlier today and i loved it..."If it were easy we'd be skinny already." But you just have to get passed the hurdle today and keep looking forward... You can do it... we call can!!

You're Beautiful, You're Strong and You're Loved!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • lalalady
    lalalady Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Your doing it for your health and that beautiful girl in the picture.

Stay strong
  • Rensco
    Rensco Posts: 36
    Options
    Hang in there! I'm right there with you right now....this is rather depressing. But, like me, you've got kids and that's part of why we're doing this. You want to be there for them for a LONG time and loosing some weight, eating a little better, will help us be there for them. AND maybe be the mom that doesn't look totally like "a mom". Too, just think of the better clothes we'll be able to get when we loose weight - how much more confident you'll feel in them and in a swimsuit this summer, out with the kids (or hubby!). It'll come, it just comes slowly but it took awhile to put on the weight too! Have a small scoop of the potatoes (which sound delicious!) and enjoy them quietly by yourself for a few minutes if you can. You'll appreciate them more! Hang in there and stay with it, you can do this!!!
  • Jholzer13
    Options
    So I'm mid making dinner. I opted for Broccoli, grean beans, eggs and bacon.... Hopefully that will curve the craving for the potatoes THIS SUCKS!!
  • katie30
    katie30 Posts: 55
    Options
    I did low-carb for almost a 1 year in my early 20s. As a person that grew up on "meat and potatoes" I sympathize with you right now. But you can get through this night and in a couple of weeks, you probably won't even want that anymore. If you are still having the craving, roast yourself eggplant, the texture is very similar but much more carb friendly.

And why are you doing this? So that wonderful little angle in the picture will have a healthy mommy to look up to throughout her life.
  • Jholzer13
    Options
    Update: I survived the night without any Scalloped Potatoes. Scalloped Potates-0 Jessica-1 VICTORY!!!

I have to admit, after eating a BUTT TON of grean beans and brocolli and three eggs and 3 slices of bacon I STILL wanted the scalloped potatoes and ham. That's when I knew, I didn't want them because I was hungry, I wanted them because my body was CRAVING them. I was a little on the stuffed side after the food I ate with 3 big glasses of water so I KNEW I wasn't hungry, but yet my mouth was still watering for the SP&H... Dumb body...
  • Jholzer13
    Options
    The girls are having left-overs and I totally DON'T CARE!! HOORAY!