getting it right this time.

Options
Will do whatever it takes to be healthy & stay at a healthy weight. please help!

Replies

• leftyslady310
    Options
    What can I do to help?
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The important things are Logging! Food Planning! Measuring and Weighing! Water intake! Moderation and portion control! Exercise! Baby steps!

You need to train yourself how to eat all over again!
  • amillward27
    Options
    A big thing for me is trying new foods that I thoguht I hated. For instance, a new love of mine are spinach salads topped with apples, mandariun oranges, carrots, and fat free italian dressing. It's a low calorie, low fat, high nutrient meal and it's so easy to do! Also, a big thing for me is portion control. Even the healthiest foods become unhealthy when you eat too much of them. Measure things out! Lastly the other thing that helps is really thinking whether or not some foods are worth it. For instance, does it taste that much better to have brown sugar on my yams or salt on my broccoli? For me, it's not so I don't put it on. Good luck and just remember that we are all here if you need support!
  • mkierstein
    Options
    My advice.....after three months of posting and logging my food intake is to be honest. Take it one day at a time and don't beat yourself up for a "slip". It didn't take three months to put the weight on and it won't take three months to get it off. Slow and steady leads to a more permanent change. I am living that every day....Trying to lose about 100 pounds over two years and keep it off for good. We're all in this together.
  • tkrall
    tkrall Posts: 109
    Options
    My advise is be honest!! When logging be honest with it, don't just put something in because it's low in calories or fat. And don't give up. The more work and effort you put in to changing your life the more you will benefit. Only you have the power to make this work for you. Good luck in your weight loss, healthy new life!