New diet

Options
I am having an issue. I am hitting my calorie count PERFECTLY, if not coming under. I CANNOT seem to get my carb count down. Ideas?

Replies

• red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Make your diary public so we can see what you're eating...then people might be able to help you better :-)
  • Kudzu
    Kudzu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I finally stopped worrying about the carb count on here....I try to limit my starches..potatoes, rice, bread...so long as you are losing don't beat yourself up over it!:happy:
  • tinap1
    tinap1 Posts: 27
    Options
    I only keep the calorie count. I have a hard enough time doing that!
  • ashf828
    ashf828 Posts: 14
    Options
    It's public now.. Not that I am too happy about it.. I just started so I gotta give myself props for that.. :)
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about carb only calories unless you find that you do better with few of them. eat more veggies and proteins. limit your carbs to one meal a day. I am talking traditonal carbs like bread not the Atkins type of carbs (fruit and dairy) worry about your calorie intake and see what your body runs better on!

I personally lose more weight when I eat veggies at each meal or at least 2 meals and 1 snack
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    In looking at your current diary entry I think loading your calories at the end of the day may be slowing your metabolism. If you have to eat most of your calories late, it might help to take a 20 minute walk immediately after dinner, I tend to do the same thing - eating mostly at night and I notice it stalls weight loss. Also, adding a salad to dinner might help. It doesn't seem you're eating very much fibre, or fruits and vegetables, and that would be a way to start getting more in. It was hard for me at first but once I got in the habit I notice I crave fresh food.
    Good luck
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Check your meals again.. YOUR under on all your carbs.. Protein is over but that is fine.. Fat was over a litttle but thats not bad either... You seem to be doing fine... youve been under calories everyday.. Just make sure you EAT at least 1200 cals a day more if you work out. hope this helps
  • ashf828
    ashf828 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thank you. I could not remember if my doctor said 15 carbs a meal or 45 carbs a meal. I have high chol. and tri. and have to limit my carbs, fat, and calories. My calorie count has to be 1000-1200.