Any other gamers out there?

Options
My husband is probably more of an avid gamer than I am...

But, as I mentioned in a post earlier, I do play some World of Warcraft. I'm also quite addicted to Rock Band. Looooooooove to play the drums on Expert. It's a pretty good arm workout if you really get into it. There are some other miscellaneous games I play from time to time.

Are YOU a gamer?

What sort of games do you play?

Replies

• mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    I'm terrible, but that doesn't stop me from playing. :-)
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    I was a gamer but my lifestyle right now doesn't allow time for such activities.

When I was gaming I played primarily RPG type games (never online games - those skeeze me out) and Need for Speed! I'm a huge Need for Speed fan!
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I used to play WoW, and now play Second Life.
  • chandnikhondji
    chandnikhondji Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I play a lot. Guild Wars, Perfect World, Sims, a few more and Second Life (though i would not call the later a game or something to play but that is another story *G*)
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    The hubby and I are definitely gamers. :wink:

We have a subscription for Lord of the Rings Online, but I haven't played that since December.

Currently we're in the middle of a second play through of Mass Effect 2.

We've also started DragonAge, Assassin's Creed, Batman: Arkham Asylum... Played and finished Uncharted 1 and 2... We also play Rock Band (I sing, he plays lead guitar) but not so much lately. Looking forward to Heavy Rain, BioShock 2, StarCraft 2 (if and when that ever gets released) and Final Fantasy 13. So many good games, so little time. :brokenheart:

When we play, it's only for one or two hours a night. We try to keep it reasonable. :smile:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    "Try not. Do or do not... there is no try." - Yoda

This makes me exceptionally happy. lol. :happy:

Star Wars was a HUGE influence on me when I was a kid... it's what inspired me to want to be a writer (which I am not yet, but will be soon... as soon as I retire from my current job in April. lol. )
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    "Try not. Do or do not... there is no try." - Yoda

This makes me exceptionally happy. lol. :happy:

Star Wars was a HUGE influence on me when I was a kid... it's what inspired me to want to be a writer (which I am not yet, but will be soon... as soon as I retire from my current job in April. lol. )

That quote has gotten me through a lot. :)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Me! I am a self-admitted gamer geek.

I love my LOTR stuff.
    I play a lot of text-based RPG on facebook...Hammerfall, The Summoning, Castle Age, Legion Quest...

Basically if it involves swords elves dragons dwarves and castles...I am THERE! :)
  • arfletcher
    arfletcher Posts: 143
    Options
    SIMS!! Any of them - I have them ALL! - Except for the newest one... :grumble: I should really fix that - but my computer wont play any of them right now anyways...:cry:
  • MrsMarvelous
    MrsMarvelous Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    W O W !!! 80 Ele Shamman on Proudmoore ~ Bloodswife~

i also play video games my hubby is a big gammer he plays DDO and we both are int RPG !!!

Add me if ya want :drinker:
  • kesseret
    kesseret Posts: 4
    Options
    Far Cry, Mario Kart, Wii Bowling (it's very competitive in my house), Rock Band, and Second Life. I've played but not liked: WoW and Starcraft. Though I don't do much anymore since most of my time after work is spent on my Second Life websites and then exercising.
    <3
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    VIdeo games were a big part of my life. FPSs for me. Hosted and won many a Halo tourney. Halo 1,2,&3, All the Call of Duty, Half Life 1&2 and its many spinoffs, Left For Dead, Resident Evil(3rdperson) Gears of War. Though I am no longer good at em. I also like a good rpg, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic1&2, Elderscrolls 3&4, Diablo 1&2, Baldurs Gate 1&2. I also like a good real time strategy game. Starcraft(waiting on 2!!!!!!!) Command and Conquer(too many to count).
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    My BF and I used to be reallly into WoW, ahhhh memories! :happy: We had a great time, played A LOT for about six months, and then cancelled our subscriptions (can't even remember why now). We subscribed about 6 months later, but couldn't get back into it. :( I miss it, well, I miss the fun we used to have. :smile:

Currently my own game obsession is "Scramble" on Facebook, which hardly makes me a gamer! :laugh: Do love it though. It's like Boggle!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    VIdeo games were a big part of my life. FPSs for me. Hosted and won many a Halo tourney. Halo 1,2,&3, All the Call of Duty, Half Life 1&2 and its many spinoffs, Left For Dead, Resident Evil(3rdperson) Gears of War. Though I am no longer good at em. I also like a good rpg, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic1&2, Elderscrolls 3&4, Diablo 1&2, Baldurs Gate 1&2. I also like a good real time strategy game. Starcraft(waiting on 2!!!!!!!) Command and Conquer(too many to count).

I can't believe I forgot to mention Halo and Knights of the Old Republic! Yes!! LOVE those games.

I really like the D&D styled games: Baldur's Gate 1&2, Icewind Dale, NeverWinter Nights 1&2... they are SO massively time consuming though -- the hubby and I haven't managed to finish a single one so far.

I love pretty much any game that comes out of Bioware -- Knight's of the Old Republic and Mass Effect are my absolute FAVORITES. I will admit to a teeny geek crush on Kaiden/Carth (Mass Effect character/ KOTOR character... same voice actor). :embarassed: Teehee. :wink:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Been a big MMORPG gamer for ever.

Used to be a HUGE City of Heroes and City of Villans guy (ran my own SG and everything) but stopped playing because after a while, well, you can only fight PvP so many times before you get bored in that game.

I have been playing Eve Online for quite a while, that game is MASSIVE, and pretty cool. Hard to learn though. If you like space games, it's very good, very multi-player, and very expansive.

I'm drooling waiting for SC2, I actually made it pretty far up the ladder in Starcraft, I LOVED starcraft, and still load it up every once and a while to play just to keep the Pwnage skills up to par.

I played a Tauren Druid up to lvl 45 or so in WoW, but got bored with that eventually, WoW was a big dissapointment to me after City of Heroes, graphics were slightly better, but the gameplay was pretty clunky by comparison.

I played Guild Wars for a while, liked it, but I was still pretty deep into CoH at the time and never really got into it since it wasn't quite as fun (I just love the idea of superhero powers for some reason).

I thought about buying Aion, as it looked visually very cool, but I figured I didn't want to start another game then quit it the minute SC2 comes out.

that's about it for now.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I play World of Warcraft. I have to actively curb my tendency to start playing and not get anything else done! I think I've achieved a pretty good balance with it as of late.
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm a big gamer! Not computer games but console ones.I've got Xbox 360, Wii, Gamecube (rendered useless now since the wii) and a DS to take to work with me. I'm addicted to the wii fit. And I LOVE anything Need for Speed or Lara Croft Tomb Raider. I have rockband but I only like to play it when I have a group of people.
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    I play World of Warcraft. I have to actively curb my tendency to start playing and not get anything else done! I think I've achieved a pretty good balance with it as of late.

What server?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    By the way, if you ever played any games like Homeworld or Galactic Empires, Eve is awesome (and free for 30 days). If anyone wants to come play, I'd be more than happy to mentor you a little bit.

Nice thing about Eve? Only 1 server, and No Bots allowed (strictly enforced).
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    I'm tempted. Worried that my game addictive nature will get me stuck there, but tempted nevertheless.