47 pounds gone and never coming back! (PICS!)

Options
At the encouragement of a coworker, I am posting my final success story.

This was me:
ZQe7S.jpg

iJ9rg.jpg

FUOXf.jpg

mth58.jpg

About 212 pounds. Loving beer, food, and everything tasty a college graduate with a good job can afford to eat. I stop here to tell you that I was never unhappy. I have an amazing life, and I was always happy with that. But life (and my clothes) were becoming uncomfortable. I saw a picture of some friends from college, and they looked great. And finally, I decided I was going to look great too. If I couldn't be skinny at 24, when was I going to be skinny?

First, I learned what a portion was. And I was HUNGRY. I was probably eating 3500 calories a day before. My stomach was grossly stretched. I had to get it back down to size. Hence, HUNGRY. But after 2 weeks, this stopped.

Second, I started replacing things. High test with light or fat free, but also replaced chips with carrots, or ice cream with yogurt. I started having a protein shake for breakfast every morning. I probably cut at least 400 calories a day in breakfast alone by doing this.

That got me here:
gGCn7l.jpg

This is the morning I started 30DS. I'm not a graduate, but I was doing it. And in the 15 days I did it, I lost an inch around my waist! It works! Do it! Anyways, moving on. Now I was challenging my muscles and my body to do things it didn't do before. I was noticing my heart rate didn't increase going up stairs. All my pants were too big. I was stronger. And I liked it!

Then I stopped losing weight. The scale won't move when I exercise. And my mind was not in a good enough place to be ok with that. So I stopped working out every day, and worked on what I knew- how to control my intake. Then came the "I just don't give a flying fruit loop" phase. So a friend recommended I eat at maintenance. And I did. For a month. Didn't log food. And I didn't gain weight. During this month, I learned to love my body. As my friends and I termed it "The skinny girl and fat girl were having a fight outside the bar at 3 am", and I had to give that skinny girl all the weapons I could.

At our engagement party during this phase:

5A0Fs.jpg

In the past 3 weeks or so, I have been logging and losing. Sunday after thanksgiving, I had my first wedding dress fitting. I'll let the picture explain the rest:

Uij3vl.jpg

I'm so damn proud of myself. Look at that! I was sample size. I bought the dress right off the rack and it fits me like a glove. No back fat, no wing boobs, no arm jiggles. I DID THAT! (PS- I did that still having beer and onion rings and buffalo chicken. Just not every night and in moderation)

I am 5'11 1/2". I started om April 24, 2012 around 212.2. It could have been higher before that, though. I didn't own a scale. I also didn't take beginning measurements. My one regret. I was a size 16 dress pant, XL/14 shirt.

I am now 165.6. Wearing 10/12 dress pants, Medium/10 dresses and shirts. 23.9% body fat. My insides feel so much better. I know that sounds silly, but it's the best way I can say it.

My point is that YOU CAN DO IT! Everyone says that, I know, but you can seriously do this. BUT- you can only do this when you do it for you alone. You can't want to lose 50 pounds so your husband will be happier, or to impress your girlfriends. You have to do it so YOU will be happier, or to impress YOURSELF! The second you overcome this hurtle and actually get it, the rest is so simple.

My final piece of advice: MODERATION! Don't have cheat days. Don't let yourself binge. Have a serving. ONE SERVING. And be done. If you want a cookie every day- have one. You have a budget. Whether you spend it on a dessert or 3 pounds of veggies, it is your choice. But if you spend it on cookies- I warn you, you WILL be hungry. :)

Much love to all of you. Keep up your amazing work. Don't be afraid to turn for help to this amazing community of people. Be kind to one another

Love, Brianna

Replies

• krissyharden
    krissyharden Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!! WTG!!! Good for you!! :)
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I can't see the after pics (try resizing?) But the way you describe it is fantastic!

Congrats on your wedding too!
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I can see them on my screen. If you refresh, can you still not see them?
  • brassballa
    brassballa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Awesome!...
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Beautiful. :)
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and what a beautiful wedding dress!!! Congrats on your weight loss and upcoming nuptials!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • brassballa
    brassballa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Question? during your weight loss journey how close did you follow your plan on mfp....I'm just curious .....I'm trying to bang it in my head no cheat days just moderation if the treat is within the calories then ok but if not dont bother ....i'm trying to tell myself these things .....i cant be mad at the scale because i am the one putting the food in my mouth ......i'm so excited for you sorry i started blah blahing about myself
  • lavieboheme1229
    Options
    Question? during your weight loss journey how close did you follow your plan on mfp....I'm just curious .....I'm trying to bang it in my head no cheat days just moderation if the treat is within the calories then ok but if not dont bother ....i'm trying to tell myself these things .....i cant be mad at the scale because i am the one putting the food in my mouth ......i'm so excited for you sorry i started blah blahing about myself

I'm happy to offer my personal opinion. But you know what they say about opinions, they're like *kitten*, everyone's got one. Anyways, I followed as close as I could. If I was within 100 calories either way, I called it an even day. For the first month, I think it's important to really change the way you eat, so that when you crave a McChicken, and finally have one, you get so sick you don't want one again. Or if you want an entire bowl of cookie dough, you realize it doesn't taste as good coming up as it does going down. (I'm speaking from experience here). You cannot expect yourself to be perfect. Because this is not a perfect process.

I also know I have certain foods I just can't have. For example. Oreos. I can't have a serving of them, I eat the whole package. So I don't have them, I don't put them in my house, and I don't even bother. Identify what those foods are for you, and replace them with something awesome and healthier.

I've also learned to bring a veggie platter with me where ever I go. LOL I hope this helps.
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hey hot stuff, looking good! :wink: :wink:
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, and so healthy! Well done! :smile:
  • Monicapierce
    Monicapierce Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    You're so pretty! You look like an Italian model!
  • lavieboheme1229
    Options
    You're so pretty! You look like an Italian model!

Ha! You're too nice! Thank you for the complement
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing :) Great job! Very inspirational!
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    So proud of you!!!! You're amazing!
  • lavieboheme1229
    Options
    So proud of you!!!! You're amazing!

Couldn't have done it without you! Thank you for your support!
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results - well done
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! :) You are the poster child for diet and moderation!!!
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You are incredible, Brianna!! You're so inspiring. You were gorgeous before but now you're simply STUNNING! Especially in that beautiful wedding dress!

Congrats, I'm so happy for you! :)
  • lavieboheme1229
    Options
    Amazing job!! :) You are the poster child for diet and moderation!!!

And you my friend are the poster child for exercise. We make a great team! :-P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!