resizing rings

Options
wasn't sure where to post this...nothing really made sense.

anyway...for those of you who have lost significant weight...just curious what you did with your wedding ring...should i take it off for a year or more or however long it takes to get to my goal? have it resized more than once? i like wearing my ring :(

thanks.

Replies

• brittany103
    brittany103 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm the type of person who feels naked without my rings, but I learned the hard way not resizing one of my rings and I lost it :(.. but if it were my wedding ring I would definitely resize it a million times so I wouldn't have to not wear it whether because it's too big or too small.
  • NatsukoG
    NatsukoG Posts: 104
    Options
    resizing rings can be quite expensive so I've been getting my engagement ring re-sized (down 6 sizes now) and using it to hold my wedding ring on. I'll get that done at the end.
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You can buy an insert that will reduce the ring size as a temporary fix.
    http://www.esslinger.com/yellow-gold-filled-spring-type-ring-guard.aspx?gclid=CM3W07yi_7MCFQ-e4AodDBwA0Q
  • trac30
    trac30 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I had to take mine off because it kept falling off. Now I wear a cheap band in its place until I'm done. Then I will have my ring resized. Not sure how much that costs though.

Thanks for reminding me how much I miss my old ring =( waaaah
  • gottaluvya
    Options
    I waited a while but I did eventually resize my rings. I am not done losing weight but I can't see losing much more in my fingers, they are pretty thin for a fat girl lol. Anyway, I kept putting it off and putting it off until one day they almost went flying off in Body Combat class. If I gotta do it again at some point in the future, I will. But for now, they fit perfectly once again, with no fears of losing them!
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    it's not worth losing, I'd resize at halfway point and then again at the finish.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Re-sizing too many times can weaken the metal... I would suggest buying the plastic ring guards... really cheap online or at walmart... it kind of looks like a clear plastic piece of macoroni... it goes on the bottom of your ring, under your finger so people don't see it... it will keep too big rings from falling off until you have lost the amount of weight you want to loose.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    If you have a lifetime warranty on your ring you can get it resized for free a lot of times. It's def worth resizing though.
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    Get a cheap ring and wear until you loose the weight... Not having your wedding ring on will just be more inspiration
  • heather_huggins
    heather_huggins Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i've actually had to resize my engagement ring twice!! it's free where i do it because of my warranty. it's so exciting to be able to do because you know its from getting smaller, but it's actually really bad on the gold. my ring is white gold and the manager at Rogers Jewelers told my fiance that resizing weakens gold over time. this last time i had it resized a half size smaller and he said to let that be it. fingers shrink and swell all the time, so i think that even when i lose more weight (hopefully my fingers won't shrink much more!) i'm just going to have to deal with it because i don't want it breaking!