Attention Ranch Dressing Lovers!!!

Options
Ranch dressing is a favorite condiment of mine. Unfortunately, I couldn't have it on my new plan because it is loaded with calories and fat. Until now. Walking through HEB I found Calorie Free, Carb Free, Fat Free and Sugar Free Ranch Dressing! It is Walden Farms Bacon Ranch. I was so excited when I discovered this little hidden treasure amongst all the other fatty dressings! In all honesty, It is ranchy in flavor, but it does have a bit of an artificial taste to it. But to people who love ranch but can't sacrifice the calories, it is a nice alternative.

Turns out, they have calorie free everything. From Peanut Butter to chocolate syrup, to dressings to Pasta Sauce. This seems a little to good to be true, but so far I am satisfied. I keep thinking to myself, "okay, now whats the catch?"

http://www.waldenfarms.com/

Replies

• happy_angi09
    happy_angi09 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    OMG! WUT???? LOL. I love Ranch! I've been craving it the past three months but haven't touched it! I'm so glad you posted this. I'm going there tommorow to pick some up. :happy: Thanks!
  • mother23ts
    Options
    WoW! Well I have long given up the creamy stuff for the vinigarettes. But this is great for the peeps who are still holding on.:drinker:
  • saram21
    saram21 Posts: 88
    Options
    I will warn everyone though, reading the reveiws, their were just as many negative reviews as positive ones. There were reviews that said it tasted funny. I've only tried the ranch and its not as creamy and it does taste a little different. I still like it though.
  • FrTom2003
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am a Ranch dressing nutcase and I use fat free varieties - that make up the taste lack with sugar and high fructose corn syrup - fewer calories, but all bad calories. I'm going to check out the Walden dressings. Sounds wonderful!! :flowerforyou:
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Carb Free, Fat Free and Sugar Free Ranch Dressing! ??? Then what's in it?? How does it taste?
  • saram21
    Options
    I hope you like it!
  • gran58
    gran58 Posts: 2
    Options
    I've tried honey mustard, ranch and thousant island. My favorite thousand island. I buy these at Target Super stores.
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I like the dressings but tire of them easily (and I dont normally) so I have to vary them. The peanut butter though- stay away
  • saram21
    Options
    omg! whats wrong with the peanut butter? I was about to order some!
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I like the Walden Farms Bacon Ranch too. Their regular ranch is just "ok". I can eat it, but much prefer the bacon ranch. I also tried their coleslaw dressing and HATED it.
  • megbowlstrike
    Options
    My favorite ranch dressing is Lighthouse Light Ranch. It's in a glass jar with an orange label and can be found in the refrigerated section by the lettuce and guacamole. It has the best taste out of any store-bought ranch dressing, even full fat! I have eaten this since I was a kid and love it so much that I could (and do) eat it with just a spoon. I used to eat FF dressings but I'd rather cut back on other stuff to be able to have low calorie dressing instead. I should add that it's kind of hard to find. I usually get it at Kroger.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    CALORIE FREE!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    it must be mostly water. :ohwell: :ohwell: even vinigar & spices has calories.:sick: :sick:
    but you got me hooked at CALORIE FREE.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    i plan to pick up some of this when i'm at the store.:wink::wink: :wink:

thank you:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I make my own ranch with the hidden valley ranch dry mix packets. You can control which type of mayo goes in to it and what kind of milk. I use fat free milk and low fat mayo. It taste just like normal ranch to me.
  • usmcwife1223
    Options
    My favorite ranch dressing is Lighthouse Light Ranch. It's in a glass jar with an orange label and can be found in the refrigerated section by the lettuce and guacamole. It has the best taste out of any store-bought ranch dressing, even full fat! I have eaten this since I was a kid and love it so much that I could (and do) eat it with just a spoon. I used to eat FF dressings but I'd rather cut back on other stuff to be able to have low calorie dressing instead. I should add that it's kind of hard to find. I usually get it at Kroger.

Thats my FAVORITE salad dressing ever and its so hard to find here and that sucks for me :grumble:
  • PTOMom
    PTOMom Posts: 3
    Options
    I know this is an old post, but I googled fat free ranch dressing at HEB and this article came up. I am soooo excited! I was just entering my lunch and the lite dressing is killing me with all of the calories! Thank you for posting this! I'm going to go straight over there after work and grab a bottle!!!
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    ANYTHING WITH BACON IS OKAY IN MY BOOK! LOL
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Too many chemicals and artificial ingredients.

I use a dry ranch seasoning (you can find many recipes on pinterest to make your own) and mix that with 0% plain greek yogurt. You can thin it with skim milk if you need it more 'saucy' otherwise it's also good for veggie dips.
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Too many chemicals and artificial ingredients.

I use a dry ranch seasoning (you can find many recipes on pinterest to make your own) and mix that with 0% plain greek yogurt. You can thin it with skim milk if you need it more 'saucy' otherwise it's also good for veggie dips.

^^^This! I use this all of the time and it tastes just like ranch dressing