Should I be eating MORE?

Options
Please help!! Advice please

I have been eating much better although I don't think I'm eating enough given the fact that I'm always having extra calories leftover at the end of the day! I do feel full throughout the day, so I know I'm not starving myself, but I also do drink alot of water while I'm at work. Maybe that's why I'm always full.. hmmm
Anyone else always having extra calories at the end of each and every day? Wondering if maybe I should be eating more.?!!

Replies

• cherylea1
    cherylea1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Also.. My food diary is open to friends so feel free to take a look and give some advice.. pleeeease and thanks
  • blackmagic10
    blackmagic10 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    yes but you should eat every 3 hours 4-5 meals around 300-200 calories :) if you don't believe me see my results I have what I was at 251 i'm 195 now
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I can't see your food diary!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Your diary is actually not open.

That being said, you have leftover extra calories: eat more calorie dense food.
  • cherylea1
    Options
    The food diary was only open to friends.. but I am changing it to public now :) thanks guys
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Ok I can see your diary. If you are logging everything you are eating, then you are not eating enough.

I say this because in the past week you've hit 1000 calories in a day only once. you are NOT eating enough. period. You should NOT eat less than 1200 calories. PERIOD.

what ukaoma10 said is right. You should be eating every few hours - to equal three meals plus a few snacks a day. It does work. I've lost 116lbs so far. Of course eating right isn't all it takes, but that's a huge part of it.
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You can definitely fill yourself up with water and stave off hunger for awhile. This is how I ended up in The hospital in first year University. I wasn't trying to starve myself, I just didn't have time to cook and didn't want to eat junk food (my Mom was a great from scratch cook and I had difficulty with eating packaged food). I found that a big cup of water made empty tummy rumbles go away for awhile. Then after a bit I wasn't hungry and could keep studying. I do not recommend this at all BTW.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat every 3 hours if you don't want to. It might be a way though to get more calories. You need to get as close to your goal as possible, so yes, eat more. Also make sure you're logging properly. On things like mashed potatoes (just for example) I find it's much better to enter your own recipe in the recipe builder. Also you list scrambled egg but not any oil/butter? So if your diary is accurate, then yes, add calories. If it's not accurate, then make it accurate so you'll know for sure.
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    you can eat whatever you want just match your calories and trust me starving your self will effect you negatively more than positivly
  • Tempe729
    Tempe729 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    yes but you should eat every 3 hours 4-5 meals around 300-200 calories :) if you don't believe me see my results I have what I was at 251 i'm 195 now

^ You don't have to... also, everyone's body is different, women tend to lose it in different ways then guys anyways. I can't see your diary either but I do know that drinking water tends to fill me up too.. See about adding in some protein shakes (you can mix it with your water) if you feel you're not eating enough =)
  • cherylea1
    Options
    Yes, I am logging completely! As for the scrambled eggs.. Honestly, my son is allergic to milk, therefore there goes dairy. no butter for the most part in my home. We do eat pretty bland and I don't really like oil or dressings too much. I'm not saying I never eat them with my food, although what I have logged is actually what I have eaten. I have tried eating several times a day and stayed at the same weight if not gained more.

I am trying my best to eat healthy while also trying to slim down. I just feel like by looking at the end of the day to what I've actually consumed, it looks like pigeon food! Looks like by the advice from most of ya, I need to add more calories in my day. I will try my best and hope to not stay at the same weight I have been stuck in.

Thanks all :)
  • cherylea1
    Options

^ You don't have to... also, everyone's body is different, women tend to lose it in different ways then guys anyways. I can't see your diary either but I do know that drinking water tends to fill me up too.. See about adding in some protein shakes (you can mix it with your water) if you feel you're not eating enough =)

Ooohh.. protein shakes, hmm why didn't I think of this? haha I think I'm gonna try this next time I hit the market! Thanks
  • forwesgar13
    forwesgar13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have found it's hard to eat my exercise calories back . I started at 1200 and I have recently raised mine. I will share that at first I didn't know to eat my exercise calories back and I was eating to low not meaning to. There was a time when I quit loosing . I learned a lot reading the topics trying to get the train started again . What a lot of the sites said was to eat five times a day, that helped me. I saw someone suggested protein shakes and they are awesome . If your low I add peanut butter, oatmeal , fruit ect and it adds more calories and its pretty good. When I listened to what people said and ate more I started loosing again . Don't be afraid to eat a little more the key is exercising too . My favorite protein shake is vanilla whey , sugar free butter scotch jello, peanut butter and almond milk . For snack I also like the Nature Valley bar with nuts and a choc bottom it has 10 grams of protein . Found a lot of great info on nowloss.com .
  • cherylea1
    Options
    Wow thanks forwesgar13, I am going to check that site out! Thanks again everyone for the great ideas and advice! So thankful for this site!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    How i wish we can trade places lol. So far I'm having a tough time eating under 1600 calories & I still feel hungry after :grumble:

I say eat more nuts, avocado or add peanut butter filling to your sandwiches. Also a glass of full fat milk also does the trick.