Here we go...again!

Options
I signed up this morning @ MFP and have been looking around at all it has to offer. So far I'm extremely impressed! What a great site and neat community.

My name is Sylvia and I'm a married, 33 year old mother of two (girl/boy). With both of my pregnancies came gestational diabetes and even though my doctor warned me during my pre-diabetes stage I did nothing to keep from getting full blown diabetes. Wouldn't you know it, I get diagnosed with Type II diabetes this past February. I kick myself! I knew the risks and my probability of getting the disease (lots of family affected/50 pounds overweight/gestational) but I chose to ignore it. Shame on me!

I've checked out some books from the library about diabetes and researched online. I have seriously scared the crap out of myself so far. Being scared=action. I'm here to take off 50 pounds and keep it off. I know I can do it and I WILL.

If you would like to, I would like to be friends! Send me a friend request and we can keep each other going. :)

Replies

• zionjeannine
    zionjeannine Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    you can ans will do it
  • jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sylvia :)

I'm fairly new here as well but this site is fantastic, but really in the end the great results come down to you being fantastic [and feeling that way as well]

I'm sorry to hear about your diabetes diagnosis, but you're going to learn to make healthier choices that will make living with diabetes a breeze :)

Good luck!!