16.5" thighs

Options
Most people tell me that I set my goal weight too low but here is an example of my thin build
My upper thigh is 16.5" and waist 31 with a 38" inseam, I think I could win something for that lol. My stomach is 36 which really looks out of place on me. Even building muscle my weight Is going to be on the lower end. I'm 6'2" and my goal is 140

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Where is your waist located that it's 31" and your "stomach" is 36"? 140 lbs is definitely not a healthy weight for a 6'2" young man but you already know that. Either you have an emotional disorder or you're trolling.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Most people tell me that I set my goal weight too low but here is an example of my thin build
    My upper thigh is 16.5" and waist 31 with a 38" inseam, I think I could win something for that lol. My stomach is 36 which really looks out of place on me. Even building muscle my weight Is going to be on the lower end. I'm 6'2" and my goal is 140

My bicep is 16"... just wanted to point out that your thighs aren't big. And I still think 140 is too small based on your last thread.
  • kirstyg1980
    Options
    My bicep is 17" and I'm a girl - god your thighs are tiny :o
  • Mokey41
    Options
    For what it's worth, I'm a 5'2", 115 lb, 55 yr old woman whose thigh measures 19.5". I run, cycle and lift so it's muscle not fat and people tell me I have twig legs. A full grown man with a 16.5" thigh is not normal. I see ano girls comparing thigh sizes like that.
  • bgrossman22
    Options
    For what it's worth, I'm a 5'2", 115 lb, 55 yr old woman whose thigh measures 19.5". I run, cycle and lift so it's muscle not fat and people tell me I have twig legs. A full grown man with a 16.5" thigh is not normal. I see ano girls comparing thigh sizes like that.
    I agree, my father looked similar at my age but by 25 he grew into his height, I'm hoping that happens to me. 140 was the weight I was at before I gained in my stomach. That's the only place I gained
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I agree, my father looked similar at my age but by 25 he grew into his height, I'm hoping that happens to me. 140 was the weight I was at before I gained in my stomach. That's the only place I gained

keep eating LOADS, and eventually you will gain everywhere else...
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding around or trolling or something?? I'm 5'6 and my goal is 130 pounds. 140 pounds for a man well over 6 feet tall is extremely low.
  • tbetz1
    tbetz1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Lift and eat
  • bgrossman22
    Options
    Lift and eat
    I've been eating very well and just started lifting
  • thesatch88
    thesatch88 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    you should be eating in the neighborhood of 4500 calories a day while lifting to gain the amount you need to. hit the gym hard, and eat all day long.
  • Scottb4857
    Scottb4857 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    At 6'2" and 170 that is a BMI of 21.8, you are smack dab in the middle of the normal range. 140 lbs would land you straight in to the underweight land - especially for a male. Not to be too preachy, but your goals should be mainly body transformation - with very little weight loss. Eat at your maintenance or TDEE level, but shift to more protein, less fat and carbs, and get into the gym for moderate cardio (burn a little fat) and lots of strength training (not everyday for every muscle group, every 2-3 days per muscle group with plenty of rest night). Plan on a transformation journey of 12-24 months, muscle is slow to build. Best wishes to you!
  • bgrossman22
    Options
    At 6'2" and 170 that is a BMI of 21.8, you are smack dab in the middle of the normal range. 140 lbs would land you straight in to the underweight land - especially for a male. Not to be too preachy, but your goals should be mainly body transformation - with very little weight loss. Eat at your maintenance or TDEE level, but shift to more protein, less fat and carbs, and get into the gym for moderate cardio (burn a little fat) and lots of strength training (not everyday for every muscle group, every 2-3 days per muscle group with plenty of rest night). Plan on a transformation journey of 12-24 months, muscle is slow to build. Best wishes to you!
    Thank you
  • bgrossman22
    Options

keep eating LOADS, and eventually you will gain everywhere else...
    lol, that's pretty much what I do
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring correctly?
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    My calf is about 15" and my bicep is about 10".
    My small waist is about 27" and my hips/butt is 37".

Oh, and I'm 5'6" and about 136#.
  • bgrossman22
    Options
    lol, I believe so
  • minimalist92
    Options
    haha i'm 98 pounds and my thighs are bigger than yours. wanna trade? :P
  • jessienmiller
    jessienmiller Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Oh my i am 5'2 and about 120lbs my biggest part of my thigh is 20' I always knew that i had chunky thighs but i feel huge now! My calves are 12 1/2 and my biceps are 10 1/2 .
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I wish I could have thighs near that size. My calves are 16 inches!:smile:
  • Mokey41
    Options
    lol, I believe so

You measure the circumference of your thigh at the largest spot near the top of your leg, just in case.