Help with calcium

Options
Hi there....any suggestion, advice for increasing calcium untake without increasing dairy in my diet? I am looking for other sources for several reasons. Thanks in advance!!!
Jen

Replies

• mollyelliott
    mollyelliott Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    calcium supplements - altho supplements like caltrate come with vitamin D so your body absorbs the calcium better. the make yummy chocolate flavored chewy calcium supplements that taste like candy too. i just started taking a calcium pill becuase i HATE milk, and eat very little other dairy, and dont want to shrivel up when im old. you can buy all this studff relatively cheap at any phramacy OTC, and i think their like zero calories
  • CinthyNair
    CinthyNair Posts: 261
    Options
    I take calcium supplements, it helps.
  • Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    Broccoli is a good source of calcium! So are other greens. xx
  • scottjaqua
    Options
    I take a calcium supplement. It's better than the big horse pills though. Here is the site where you can buy it:

http://www.marketamerica.com/jaqua/categories-425/bone-joint.htm

You can also get paid to shop there and there are a ton of other nutritional supplements and other products.

Scott Jaqua
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    bok choy, artichokes and broccoli. figs, papaya and raisins. salmon. almonds.
  • healthycat31
    Options
    Little list -

If you eat fish - salmon, sardines

Beans - Baked beans, kidney beans, black turtle beans, green beens, white beans, chickpeas

Tofu & soy beans

Lentils

Vegetables - Broccoli, Kale, the dark green leafy vegetables

Figs, apricots, & orange

Almonds & sesame seeds

Spices like cumin, mustard seeds, oregano, & coriander

Pasta, bread, corn bread