Dining Out In Louisville, KY

Options
I am going to Louisville, KY for the weekend and staying at the Seelbach, but I am really worried about staying within my 1200 calories per day. Any suggestions on good low calorie restaurants and menu items in Louisville?

Replies

• deba1963
    deba1963 Posts: 13
    Options
    Is this your first trip to Louisville? The Seelbach is beautiful....enjoy your stay there! There are some amazing restaurants in the downtown area -- my advice would be to just enjoy the weekend and eat as healthy and smart as you can. Life is short and fleeting and although we are all trying to get healthy on here....we also must learn to work things like weekends away into our daily lives. Just make smart choices and enjoy Louisivlle....one of my favorite cities!!! :happy:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Louisville is fabulous- some smart places to dine are (but some are a little further away):

TGI Fridays has some lower calorie shrimp dishes- they are in 4th Street Live- walking distance from the hotel.

Jason's Deli- a bit of a drive, but an excellent salad bar stocked with many organic ingredients.

Joe's Crab Shack is right on the river- crab is good if you can avoid the butter and fried sides.

Third Avenue Cafe has some good salads and wraps and some awesome soups. (on third street south of the hotel maybe 4 to 5 blocks.)

There are several indian and thai restaurants where you can make smart decisions if you try.
  • SofieJack196
    SofieJack196 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info on Louisville I am really looking forward to the trip. I have driven through but have never been able to stay over and enjoy!