supportive spouses

Options
brag it up. Tell us how your spouse is awesome. I see too much neg stuff about how spouses are not helpfull i want to hear about the ones that are. Who here has a supportive loved one and what do they do. then tell how YOU are supportive for them :)

ill start.
my future husband is so good. he helps me keep on track and watches my son while i go outside and run. he packs me awesome healthy lunches every day for work and makes my oatmeal in the morning so i have extra time to shower after workouts before i have to go to work. He always cheers my acomplishments and tells me he sees a difference even when i cant see it. He comes to all my races to see me finish. wow he is so good.

I always try to remind him of his workouts and run with him whenever were able to schedule it that way. tell him how muscely and sexy he is. and I always cook him tasty yummy healthy suppers and make sure he is well fed.
and i always thank him for everything he does for me.

not having supportive partners in the past made me appriecate this man so much.

Replies

• Jccordova
    Options
    Awesome! I agree with you! My hubby works out with me, will change his eating because it's what I want to do. Even if he doesn't like it he will try anything anyways. When I do runs (and he isn't working) he is always there at the finish line. When I ran my first half he went and found me to make sure I was okay or if I needed anything. He kept track of me during my run and was waiting for me at the finish line. It was just awesome that he knew exactly where I would be. He never runs with me because he has bad knees but he will walk on the treadmill beside me. I support him by doing weights because I hate lifting weights! We are trying to keep each other healthy, eat healthy and stay healthy. It's been a big change but it has been awesome! It is fun to workout together!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Although mine doesn't participate with me, he is very supportive. Doesn't hesitate to tell me how awesome i look, or what a great job i did at the gym (even though he wasn't there). He doesn't lose his patience when I cook "healthy low carb" meals or doesn't b!tch when I come home from the grocery store and there isn't anything "good" lol. he also doesn't critisize if i ditch the gym or if i lay on the couch all night because i have no motivation. my spouse is one person who doesn't sabotage me and it really quick to compliment.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My wife eats what I make and limits her other foods to her commute. She even goes completely on program for a week and then off two and she doesn't have much to lose. She plans to do the same even if the pregnancy is still going... Long story...
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    My husband is very supportive. He handles things at home so I can work out. He always willing to go for a fruit run. He is always telling me how proud he is of me and how great I look. Hasn't gave me a hard time about my shopping for new clothes and thinks its cute that I find shopping fun now.
  • sammy_g1
    sammy_g1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My parter is awesome. He hasn't complained once about having to walk 30 min home from the train station a few days a week instead of me picking him up so I can go to the gym after work. He always enjoys my healthy meals and doesn't bat an eyelash when I make him measure out ingredients when he cooks so I can log it properly.

He always makes me feel great no matter what, and notices my hard work paying off when I can't!
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    My husband has fully supported my efforts and is quick to tell others how hard I work. He bought me a Lululemon hoodie a few months back and told me it was "Awesome Wife Day".
  • sashastackhouse
    sashastackhouse Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello!

My partner and I are currently doing the long distance thing (he is in America and I am in Japan). He is very supportive and is also trying to eat healthy and is currently lifting weights and starting boxing training. Although it is hard not being near each other, we have a common goal of eating well and exercising and we keep tabs on each other through text and Skype. We both want not only to look good for each other, but to live longer and healthier lives so that we can be around a lot longer.

So far he has lost about 10 lbs and I have lost 4 lbs. I always tell him that I'm "workin' my way back to you, babe'!
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    My husband and I support each other. He is great about saving packages for me to log info from, or weighing or measuring for me if he cooks dinner. He never bashes my somewhat unconventional plan.

He just had WLS a few weeks ago and is doing amazingly well. I do my best to have things on hand that he can eat, and cheer him on. He's just a really, really great guy, and working to get healthy with me!
  • AEFidgets
    Options
    My husband is also trying to loose some weight so we do our best to support each other. We take turns watching the kids so we can both get our exercise in. We also remind each other to choose healthier foods and who ever has dinner duty tries to make it healthy and figure out the calories per serving for everyone.
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Last night my husband got dressed (he was already ready for bed at the time) and walked to the end of the block with me so I could get my '10,000' steps fitbit badge for the day.

:D
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    My husband is my biggest fan.

His support is in compliments, really. He tells me how good I look.... even when I just put on pajamas. He doesn't fuss about me needing new clothes and listens to me when I need to whine a little bit. He never says boo about having to field the kids while I go to the gym or anything like that. All positive, all of the time. He's the BEST.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    I am crazy excited to brag about my wife. I go crazy at the gym and all my MFP friends know I can go for bike rides that can go anywhere from an hour to three and a half hours long. But the key to my 50+ pounds lost and counting, is my wife. Our schedules are very compatible as we teach just a few miles form each other, so our commute in, starts with bagel, coffee with no sugar and fruit from our backyard. Even better, when we get off work, it is our mutual commitment to the gym, us buying quality bikes to ride together for many of my rides, she isn't the biggest fan of running, so will bike along with me and the dogs. We use calories used as an indicator about going out for dinner. We are a real team and it is her commitment to a healthier lifestyle that has allowed me to embrace the lifestyle change.

So everything I have done well, is because of my MUCH better half. Thanks for the chance to brag about her, she deserves every accolade I could ever shower on her.
  • clopez1987
    clopez1987 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My husband and i both are going through this life style change together! ..which is a major help, we motivate each other and push each other to work out and eat healthy!.. i love it!
  • Wolfe1759
    Wolfe1759 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My partner (the Nerd) is amazingly supportive. He started cooking out of a Jamie Oliver cookbook last winter, and now does virtually all the cooking for both of us - - healthy and balanced meals, all of them. After a few months he noticed that he was losing weight by simply eating what I was eating, and he liked what he saw, so he began working out in the mornings as well.

Now we have a great routine of the Nerd working out in the morning, while I either do my free weights or protect the bed, and then I work out on the elliptical, while he makes us a healthy breakfast and packs my lunch and dinner to bring to the office - - usually healthy leftovers from dinner the previous night.

He is so supportive of my efforts to be healthy, and he is endlessly patient with my mood swings and occasional frustrations. I am so very very lucky!
  • laurenkeh
    laurenkeh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love this idea, and love hearing about other peoples awesome spouses :)

My partner is very very fit and we met through him taking martial arts classes which I attended. He's been super supportive of me through my 3-year degree and honours year, encouraging me to study hard and train hard, but never pressured me to train if I was too tired/unmotivated. Now I've graduated I'm up with him for his 5.30am oly weights/kettlebell classes. Perfect bonding and it's definately very hot to watch him push himself ;-P
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    its so hot to watch my man do push ups. i always get caught watching him do his
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My guy is very supportive.

He doesn't diet or eat healthy. I do demand that he "try" everything I cook. I try to cook healthy, mostly because of my work and travel schedule I buy many precooked items.

Safeway's Signature Cafe is my favorite. Salads, chicken...so on.

Back on track. I couldn't get him to workout with me if I cut all of his limbs off and gave him an ultimatum that he'd get them back if he just ENTERED the gym. He is 6'7 and around 220, he carries most of his weight in his belly area.

But he is my biggest supporter. He noticed my curve changes, he notices where muscle is developing. He has never said anything negative about my weight, high or low.

He's a gem.