Jawbone Up

Options
Has anyone gotten the jawbone Up? I love the idea of it, but not sure if it really works? It is too expensive to get without some sense that it really will help. I am new to the MFP, by the way. I lost about 35 pounds 2 years ago kind of on my own and then had not been able to move the scale the last 20 pounds or so.

Replies

• stupxdgxrl
    stupxdgxrl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    A co worker of mine that I sit near has one and absolutely loves his up band.... But in the last 9 months he has had over 6 replacements. I'm fairly certain he has Jawbone on speed dial and they know him by name......
    I know they kept having problems with the first release of the up band. I think Jawbone has finally released a 2.0 version with some upgrades, it's available in the USA now but not tell Feb 2013 in Canada. ( From the many convo's I've over heard) IF you buy one I would make sure your buying the newest version!!!
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in hearing reviews too. It would be a lot more discreet than the Go Wear Fit I hated wearing.
  • numsquat
    numsquat Posts: 133
    Options
    Here's a review on version 2.0 http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/27/3694856/jawbone-up-review-fitness-band-2012 You can google for more.

Of all the lifestyle devices this is the one I'm most interested in but will wait to see if they come out with a bluetooth version in the next year and have an android app. I'll take the lesser battery life of bluetooth to get easier access to my data.

BFM is my second choice but I don't like paying a monthly fee for my data.
  • asabernathy
    Options
    Just joined MFP today. I got the UP band about 2 weeks ago and am loving it, $129 at the Apple store with a 2 week return policy. The most interesting thing to me is the sleep analysis. Jawbone was really standup about the many problems with the original band. I am pretty certain they have flogged the version 2.0 pretty hard before releasing it. I don't think they will have a Bluetooth version any time soon, but the sync is fast and easy. They only have an iPhone app at the moment but an Android app is supposedly right around the corner. I would not typically wear a bracelet for the sake of adornment but I like the look of it and think it has some "cool factor".
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at other similar devices too- FITBIT, STRIIV, Nike Fuelband and Bodymedia fit. All these devices have pros and cons. There's also,HRM for e revise rather than general activity.
  • healthypika
    Options
    I have had my Jawbone up for almost a week, and I love it so far. The sleep function is really nice, and I love waking up to a gentle vibration instead of a jarring alarm. MFP integration would be great since the biggest con of the UP right now is weak food tracking. It also doesn't track me on my rowing machine, which none of these types of bands can register very well based on my research. You do have the option of adding a workout with an approximate number of calories though. I also think it is very comfortable to wear. Supposedly you can shower with it, but I am choosing to not push my luck with that feature. Also, they do not yet have an Android app, but they say there will be one soon.