CrossFit Anyone?

Options
Hi, I am looking for buddies who are also doing CrossFit. I love it and belong to a great CrossFit gym where the trainers and coaches are amazing and make every workout safe.

I searched the message boards for this topic and read all the negative stuff already, so don't bother "warning" me or posting any negative comments, I am simply looking for others who love it as much as I do.

I workout a lot and have for many years, I have been wanting to get into heavy lifting, but find it hard to workout by myself in a gym and am not motivated to do it, so I found CrossFit. I LOVE it! I have never gotten such a high after a workout. I feel so proud of myself after every workout.

My husband is tired of hearing me talk on and on about my workouts or how much I deadlifted, so that is why I am looking for some other people doing it as well.

I started CrossFit about 3 weeks ago, I am also curious to hear about how others are eating. I am hungry quite often and eat about every 2 hours since I started. I do not do "Paleo" because I still eat rice and sweet potatoes, but pretty much stick to whole foods.

The major difference I am feeling is that when I am hungry and am deciding what to eat, I always think, "what will make me feel better when I work out". I am sore most of the time, but I don't mind.

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im getting obsessed with all the crossfit gon' be in mah my future!

But heads up - thicken your skin - if this post sees the light of day there are going to be hordes of people running over here to tell you its dangerous, just like sports and stuff.

Which is pretty much stating the obvious - but you know how people get.

Good luck! :heart:
  • slbeutler
    Options
    I would say I am on the verge of being obsessed, but I guess it is addicting like any other sport you might get into.

Like I said in my post, haters need not reply =)
  • dreamer1003
    dreamer1003 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started crossfit about 6/7 weeks ago. I love it. For now I am going twice a week but hope to increase that once I wrap up with my trainer.
  • imdot
    imdot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Seriously, ignore the haters. I've been crossfitting for almost 3 years and got certified as a level 1 trainer last year (even though instill couldn't do Fran Rx ;) ). While a lifetime athlete, I am in no way near the weight I was in my 20's and 30's (I'm in my late 40's now) -- but, i am stronger and fitter in new ways that i never was before either...including being able to do pull ups for the first time in my life. it's addicting for sure!

Most of the time i crossfitted through serious injury (torn Achilles and torn acl--two major surgeries with 18 months). I'm now 10 weeks post acl replacement and I can honestly say that crossfit was a huge reason why my rehab has gone at a blistering pace. EVERY WOD can be modified for where you whether it be illness or injury. Trust your coaches and your community.

One thing I know, however, is that it's definitely not just about the WODs. Regardless of what you are doing crossfit or anything else, it is as much if not more about the food. I keep learning the same stupid lesson over and over again. Henry, back on MFP (again). I've been trying harder to eat clean and started logging again this week. In three days, I already feel so much better...I'm hoping this will continue.

Good luck on your journey!

PS there is a great Facebook page called crossfit women = strong which is great as well.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Pokes head in
    Looks around
    Decides to leave quietly
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Pokes head in
    Looks around
    Decides to leave quietly

checks for carnage, also leaves quietly.
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Been doing Crossfit for almost a year. I love it. I still go to the Globo gym from time to time to do some isolation lifts but there is nothing like CrossFit. 3...2..1... GO!!
  • stargeek
    stargeek Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello :)

I have just finished my first week of the foundation course (sorry if all wrong terms!) I LOVE it, I had 3 sessions and I have spent the whole week hurting, but delighted. Just been other Beth and trying to work out how I have 2 bruised knees from today.

I started using map in Sept 2012, lost 28 lbs and not totally confused as to what to do regards me eating and weighing.

Being aware it is very likely I will put on weight doing this, and then my body will be changing (for the better) I am tempted to ditch the scales for a start and then maybe the food logging and jut begin to trust myself. Either thwt or carry on logging just in maintenance mode.

Any thoughts on this?