So full but so thirsty??

Options
Have you ever ate somewhere that made you so thirsty but your so full that you cant drink anymore water? What do you do? I drank a cup of water before and after my meal and now I am so full that it hurts but I am so thirsty!!! ahhhh lol

Replies

• SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Suck on an ice cube.
  • Brendajo510
    Options
    You may want to check your sodium intake as that could be why you feel extremely thirsty. If you find you are thirsty, you might take a sip and swirl it around in your mouth a little before swallowing. Don't gulp it down, but slightly fill your mouth and slowly swallow a little at a time.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Unbutton my pants
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Just wait a little bit, then drink some water.
  • girlwapp
    girlwapp Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    wait about half an hour, pee, keep drinking. :P
  • darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I usually drink like 4-5 full glasses of ice water during my meal when I'm at a restaurant. Always have. Restaurant food is so full of sodium so I start downing waters like crazy before I'm done with my meal. I wouldn't really want to eat until I was that full, though :/
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    happens to me a lot when i eat a bit amount of salty food (like pizza or fries)! now i don't eat that kind of food that often but when i do i get really full! also i get super thirsty for some reason it sucks haha because when you're so full you cant possibly drink any more water. just wait for it to pass
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Being extremely thirsty can be one of the major signs of diabetes. Get yourself checked out. I had a family member who was diagnosed with diabetes after coming down with insatiable thirst.

I mean, if this happens regularly...and don't eat to the point of fullness like that for heaven's sake!:laugh:
  • Hawnpunch22
    Options
    Very recently I had some Kee-Mao Noodlles that were awesome, filled me up, gave me the thirst something awful and couldn't swallow one drop. Dealt with it for a half hour, drank a glass and was full again. Vicious cycle.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Unbutton my pants

Don't mind if I do!

:D
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Unbutton my pants

Don't mind if I do!

:D

:wink:
  • Happy4lifeHHH
    Happy4lifeHHH Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Those are all great ideas!!! I ate at a Greek restaurant and actually ate healthy foods, I was not expecting it to make me so thirsty... I drank a lot of water before and ate till I was comfortably full and then got so thirsty and drank so much water which made me really full!!! And I was still thirsty!!! LOL
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Those are all great ideas!!! I ate at a Greek restaurant and actually ate healthy foods, I was not expecting it to make me so thirsty... I drank a lot of water before and ate till I was comfortably full and then got so thirsty and drank so much water which made me really full!!! And I was still thirsty!!! LOL

Greek restaurant. That explains it. The Greeks were historically a seafaring people and believed that their food should encourage those that ate it to drink more water to honor Poseidon. Thus, Greek food causes thirst and water intake should be adjusted at least two days in advance of consuming Greek food. Those who eat Greek food on a regular basis stay more naturally hydrated so aren't adversely affected.