stretch marks help

Options
so ya after loosing weight an lifting weights, I have stretch marks around my arm pits, gut Etc.
Anyone know of any good home remedies and or creams or oils I can purchse to get rid of these?

Read an article that a guy would rub I believe Cocoa Butter on his after showers for 5 mins, said it took a year to actually make them go away. Seems like a long time. Looking for something faster...

Replies

• ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I dont have a lot of hope for a remedy but just in case BUMP
  • paijing
    paijing Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    For red-looking stretch marks, Retin-A may give some subtle improvement in reducing the redness by causing blood vessels to constrict. Once the redness fades, the red stretch marks become white stretch marks. Unfortunately, no topical lotion will eliminate the marks completely.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Palmers introduced cocoa butter scar serum ...I used it for a while on my thighs ... (daily as much as possibly -three times a day) ... worked pretty well I just got bored and lazy

note : I found the smell a little funky (think I'm the only one though) and it's really sticky and thick ... bleurghh hated the textured

P.s works really well for areas that run against other skin I found
  • richmondcowgirl
    richmondcowgirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Im going to get yelled at for this but.... tanning beds work great... with the cream and notions it speeds up the process where it turns from red to white.

PS I don't want to hear the tannings bad rants
  • JROC151
    Options
    ok thanks everyone.
    Ill deff have to keep an eye out for those butters. Where can they be purchased?
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I use Bio-oil and from visable red stretch lines they're now down to a kind of clear line, like a faded scar. Been using it about 3-4months, great stuff and good price. Worth a punt in my opinion.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    used Bio oil on my sons back when he was a teenager and got marks due to a sudden growth spurt (upwards rather than outwards as he is a skinny bean) this worked after a few months but he does have young skin which will always work the fastest.
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bio Oil is fantastic (but a little pricey - about $20 for the 100ml I think). Vitamin E cream/oil works well too. Both can be bought in pharmacies.
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I use Bio Oil everywhere for everything....love it! it is expensive but if you search online you can usually find somewhere selling it half price!