Protein shakes?

Options
Just wondering which protein shakes people use? I have never had one but I was thinking of having them as a snack after I work out at the gym, I figure it is a good way to use the extra calories. A girl I know uses vital protein but it is a pea protein and someone on here mentioned they had a pea protein shake and it was horrible, I am not sure what is the best or healthiest choice. Can anyone recommend a good tasting protein powder?

Replies

• Tazzymk
    Tazzymk Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I use Gold Standard 100% whey powder. I've tried vanilla ice-cream which is lovely blended with frozen fruit and the double chocolate which goes nicely blended with peanut butter or a banana. It is a matter of taste really and look around for the best deals too.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I go with maximum whey protein or the one stated above.
  • starlight_dream
    starlight_dream Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will check those two out :) It can be hard to know what is best when there are so many options.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    most people i know don't like vanilla protein powder. but, if you mix it in with apple juice and cinnamon, tastes just like apple pie
  • clew77
    clew77 Posts: 34
    Options
    I use 100% whey protein or maxi tone,
    Love Love Love my protein shakes !!
  • msde83
    Options
    I like Pure Protein. 35g protein + 160 calories
  • Jackie80taylor
    Jackie80taylor Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i just bought casilan 90 simply because it was the only one less than £10 lol but it can be mixed with anything, so i opted for milk and it was ok, but then i added cocoa for 'added taste' and YUK!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    You need to figure out what macronutrients you want your supplement to cover, and get one that provides that.

For flavour, many companies provide or sell sample packets.
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I've bought from Myprotein.com (UK only, I think).
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I like GNC chocolate one
  • KitchenAbs
    Options
    I gave up on protein shakes. They all made me bloated and gassy. Now I just eat a can of tuna with a fork :) Tons of protein in those!
  • BeautyBMe
    BeautyBMe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I like Designer Whey. Lots of flavors, most are really good.
  • hedgehogia
    hedgehogia Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like EAS chocolate and vanilla - it's also pretty affordable at BJ's or Costco.