What prompts help you to stay/get fit and healthy???

Options
Wondering what sort of prompts help you to stay or get fit and healthy? Do you have some sort of reminders to help you? If so is it a simple task list on your phone? A calendar/picture stuck on your fridge? Anything else???

:smile:

Replies

• zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Every picture I see of myself! I'll look in the mirror and think, not bad you're doing good. Then someone tags me in a FB pic and reality sets back in!
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I used to have pics of the body I wanted plastered all over my house...then I realized I'll only ever look like me. Genetics won't allow me to look like anyone else :). Once I was good with that, I now just tell my self that bikini season is six months away, PLENTY of time to get to where I want to be!

I also have a "goal shirt" it's a cute little t shirt...that's just slightly too tight! Someday I'm going to fit that darn shirt! Haha! I try it on every few weeks, and it gets a little easier every time :). I can almost wear it now...if it weren't for my muffin top! Hopefully that goes away soon!
  • sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Pictures of me in my underwear. I look pretty good with clothes on -- it is just when they come off that I realize how much weight I need to lose.
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your answers! I agree that photos are a fantastic prompt. Anything else? Do you need a reminder to be more active in your daily life (not just structured exercise)?
  • StrawberryThief
    Options
    Three of my closest female friends are slim and gorgeous. I'm not fat by a long shot, but I'm still the big one. Hanging out with them reminds me of how I want to look!
  • StrawberryThief
    Options
    Also, Bestival 2013 - I want to make my own costume and get my tummy out!
  • gwinear
    Options
    My doctor threatens me with statins if I do not get cholesterol down by Christmas. And I have diabetes. So I look at food and look at my toes and choose. That buzz of feeling better happens within 2 days of dieting so instant reward. I train myself to welcome hunger as a good feeling because however clever the diet hunger definitely happens. Like now. Green tea and apple time.:flowerforyou:
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Its more of a habit now then something I have to do.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I don't have an app or anything.. I just do it if I have time.

I make sure to eat correctly, and if I have time to exercise.. then I do.

If I don't, then I don't stress.. because if I stress, then I drive myself crazy.