what a funk

Options
I have been in a real funk the past 2 weeks. Everything was wrong, bad, against me....my weight loss wasnt good enough, fast enough, slow enough...my progress wasnt enough...my clothes werent fitting right....(you get it)....the past two weeks have been really hard. I took a few days "off" and just didnt care what I ate at all (Involved fast food, over indulging and just a lot of eating). I took a few days "off" from exercising (just didnt care enough to get up and move) and I took a few days off from "logging" my food intake. I just didnt care - or want to deal, think or do it anymore.
I had a goal of losing 19 (ok, 20 :wink: ) pounds and I was 3 pounds away from that when I just said F* it. I dont know if mentally I was scared to get to my goal or was just not ready to see what would come next or....???
My brain has been telling me get on track, what are you doing ...but my body was just not listening and doing what it wanted (it was winning) so no exercise and either bad or to many food choices. I even started to go down that "path" - you know the one whenyou are googling the diet pills and quick fixes....
But, I have to say that I woke up this morning with a clear head. I woke up feeling like I did a few months ago. Ready to take it on and kick its butt. Ready to work at getting the fat off, toning the muscles and ready to beat the crud out of the junk food munchies. I have a hard few days on front of me....I wont be able to go to the gym, probably wont be able to log my foods as I am eating at the hands of others from lunch today through Saturday....but Im ok with that.
I am wondering if the funk was "hormone" related. I did have my t.o.m. for 9 outof the last 14 days and if I really try to pinpoint it my downfall started the 12th (today is what 26th?) ....I really hate that hormones could have such a terrible effect on me...my outlook, my behavior....Imnot using it as an excuse but the change in everything (attitude to feeling to thoughts) overnight really amazes me.
Anyway - IM BACK at the FUNK can just slink away because Im not going to let it take over!

Replies

• ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    great attitude! you can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • kbhobbs
    kbhobbs Posts: 216
    Options
    I needed to read this this morning. I am in such a funk. I am being good, andhtis morning, I gained, not lost!!! I too owas ready to give up and let go. I looked at the message board, saw your entry, and read it. thank you... I will stay on track because of you! But for me.....
  • mbrownks77
    mbrownks77 Posts: 137
    Options
    I think we all have these days. However, mine lasted 2 months! As long as you know you are doing it, you will be able to keep it under control. Your goal is not far away! You look great by the way! Hopefully, you will be feeling great too! Keep your head up!
  • delilahthegoddess
    Options
    I am glad to know that I am not the only one who has bad days!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    All last week I worked out every morning at 5am w/3 times on Wed and 2 times on Friday and I felt great! And Tuesday morning was my weigh-in day and I lost 1.8 lbs!

But I think I hit my funk Tuesday night. I slept like crap Tuesday night and Wed morning I just dragged through my 30 min workout. Then I worked late and didn't get my afternoon workout in and just felt exhausted. Last night I had every intention of getting up and working out again this morning but I slept through and couldn't get my morning workout in because I didn't have time before work. Now I'm hoping I don't work late again so I can workout this afternoon to get back on track. I must admit, it was nice catching up on sleep this morning, but I still feel sluggish! :frown:
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Must have just been a bad month!!! I too have been in a funk - sabotaging myself and knowing I was doing it! To all of us out there who have temporarily stalled or just have had to take some time off - lets get back to it!!! We can do it, WE ARE WORTH IT!! March is almost over - April is around the corner - Lets set some goals of what we are going to accomplish in April - I only lost two lbs the entire month of March! My goal for April is to get my butt in gear and lose 6! What is your goal for April?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I find that (and I get in funks too) the best way out for me is to set aside like 4 hours and just do some seriously painful (metaphorically speaking) physical activity. I usually do a bootcamp then either another one or a long run or something like that. I know this sounds crazy, but sometimes I need to physically drain myself to get all the thoughts out of my head, just let myself go "physical" for a few hours and not think. It really recharges my battery. After a day like that, I can't move for hours and all I can think about is vegging out and how proud I am of doing that. It's really a great feeling (AFTER I'm done, during isn't quite so nice.:laugh: )
  • lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    What helps me in my "funks": Remembering that...
    *I'm not the only one this happens to
    *When it happened last time, it was temporary. It went away. It is temporary now, even if it doesn't feel like it. (Sometimes you have to push yourself through it so it doesn't last longer than it needs to, but I feel like there are days when you just have to ride it out.)
    *It will happen again, and that's okay because I'm more prepared for it now
  • mom020305
    mom020305 Posts: 33
    Options
    The most important thing is your realized your funk and you snapped out of it!! You should feel great about yourself!